Scope of Position
This role is the ambassador for new members to Alterna, all walk in requests and referrals to the rest of the sales team. The incumbents must quickly and efficiently probe to uncover and assess overall needs of all members (at every contact) and identify opportunities for cross-sell, up sell, and is able to meet the needs of all mass market members by providing appropriate education, advice, products and services. They will also identify members with more complex needs with and refer to their appropriate branch partner.
The Personal Banking Associate contributes to the team’s sales plan through effective assessment of members’ financial needs and providing product and service solutions to satisfy the primary needs. Proactively promotes, up sells and delivers a full range of banking products and services. Deals primarily with member-initiated contact (walk in, e-mails, in bound calls, faxes).
- Follows all sales and service processes
- Meet sales targets by delivering products and services that satisfy the members’ primary need.
- Probes to uncover additional needs to cross sell and up sell at every member interaction
- Provides education and advice to members on basic transactional banking and less complex investment and credit situations.
- Identify and refer high value or high potential members to appropriate staff.
- Through opportunity spotting maximizes growth and retention.
- Attends and actively partakes in branch meetings, huddles, sales initiatives and campaigns.
- Is available for all walk-in traffic and other member-initiated contact
- Acts to address on the spot referrals from MSR team.
- Meets voice mail/call handling guidelines. Respond to members within 4 hrs.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge and understanding of all products and services we offer and keep up to date with procedural changes including new accounts, investments, loans and mortgages.
- Be proficient in the use of sales and service tools to support member interactions
- Identify and set personal development plan and complete activities set in
- Actively participate in regular weekly goal setting meeting and coaching sessions.
- Compliant with anti money laundering guidelines and other compliance and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Educations / Certifications / Experience
- Post secondary education coupled with a minimum 2 years experience in a sales industry or equivalent experience
- Financial Services Industry experience an asset
- Proven sales experience
- Experience in providing credit solutions an asset
Knowledge / Skills
- Knowledge of investments, loans; basic knowledge of mortgages
- Working knowledge and ability to demonstrate basic sales skills required for opportunity spotting and uncovering needs
- Sound knowledge of various computer applications such as Excel, Word etc.
- Good problem-solving skills sufficient to identify, analyze and resolve basic member issues/problems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
About Alterna Savings
Alterna Savings and Credit Union Limited (Alterna) has been the good in banking for 112 years! Alterna is made up of Alterna Savings and Credit Union Limited and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Alterna Bank. Together, we have $9.6 billion in assets under management.
As the first full-service, member-owned co-operative financial institution outside Quebec, Alterna Savings shares its expertise with more than 183,000 members through a network of 36 branches across Ontario, that includes partner Peterborough Community Savings; as well as call centre and digital channels. Members and customers also benefit from industry-leading online brokerage, investment management services, and have access to the largest surcharge-free ATM network in Canada through THE EXCHANGE® Network, with over 3,700 ATMs to serve them.
Working at Alterna
Every day, over 600 people take pride in putting our members first. Our caring culture has been recognized by the prestigious employer awards National Capital Region’s Top Employers and Aon’s Best Employers (Platinum level).
- Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills and competencies outlined above.
- Alterna is compliant with the Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you have a disability, please contact the recruiter to let us know how we can accommodate you.
Job Type: Full-time