The Merchandising service Associate (MSA) is primarily responsible for completing all assigned merchandising reset and service-related projects accurately, on time, and in accordance with merchandising and safety standards.
The MSA follows detailed project instructions to execute merchandising strategy in the stores, ensuring customers are presented with the products that reflect their demands and represent Lowe’s strategic vendor partnerships. Store reset displays must always be in working order and satisfy merchandising and safety standards. The MSA is responsible for building displays, processing damaged products, rotating and pricing stock, resolving project issues or questions, checking third party work completion, providing proof of project completion, and monitoring the store for potential security and safety risks.
The Merchandising service Associate must ensure products and information are always displayed to our customers in a way that contributes to an exceptional in-store experience. Merchandising “bay integrity” services to be performed by the MSA includes; setting and maintaining intended planogram designs, organizing top-stock to merchandising standards, ensuring displays are properly functioning, clean, priced, down-stocked, front-facing and detailed.
The Merchandising service Associate is also responsible for greeting and acknowledging all customers in a friendly/professional manner and PARTNERING THE CUSTOMER WITH A RED VEST ASSOCIATE FOR MORE RELEVANT ADVICE.
Product display maintenance and stock availability
- Communicates with Merchandising Service team regarding project priorities, scheduling, and project needs (e.g., materials, supplies, time).
- Reviews and completes all assigned WIRE merchandise reset and service tasks.
- Ensures reset merchandise, including top stock, is stocked, fronted, fully packed down and priced in assigned area according to planogram; takes necessary photos of product displays and bay sets as directed.
- Provides project information, updates, and feedback on project execution to Merchandising Service Manager; performs pre- and post-walks.
- Identifies damaged products, removes them from the shelves, delivers them to Return to Manufacturer (RTM) area, and signs off on the products as defective.
- Assists in verification of buyback items and ensures they are pulled, prepped, and ready for shipping.
- Installs, maintains, and re-orders any damaged signage and product brochures; ensures POP re-order stickers are current, clean, intact, and properly displayed; looks for name, contact #, UPC #, re-order #, and description.
- Cleans, dusts, replaces damaged beams and/or grids, corrects incorrect planogram steel elevations, rotates and down stocks items for easier customer access, and ensures displays are in safe, clean and working order at all times.
- Repair/seal damaged packaging and boxes including peg-hook items.
- Operate power equipment, including but not limited to lifts, order pickers and similar equipment as needed.
- Provides feedback and analysis on service execution to store, market, and corporate leaders.
- Identifies and helps to resolve store-level issues.
- Update/validate wayfinding and product location signage as well as digital maintenance of this information throughout the store
Store safety and cleanliness
- Adheres to all Loss Prevention safety requirements including top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and use of safety devices.
- Successfully completes job-aids in conjunction with the position.
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, safety and/or other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Loss Prevention.
- Ensures all reset displays are safe and in working order and repaired/replaced as needed.
- Ensures good housekeeping standards are in place, and programs, such as Zone Recovery, are executed daily to guarantee that the store (including work areas) is clean and organized at all times.
- Alerts FSA when maintenance issues are noted (lights out, painting, etc.)
### Job Requirements
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction)
- Ability to work overnight and weekends as required
- Ability to utilize web based computer programs to accomplish assigned tasks
- 6 months of Lowe’s sales floor experience
- 6 months of experience performing product merchandising tasks including reading planograms, setting up and tearing down displays
- 3 months of experience operating power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment
- Working knowledge of basic tools needed for the job (e.g., hand tools, drills, saws)
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.