Toronto Head Office
Sep 11, 2019
About Air Georgian
Air Georgian is currently hiring for a Maintenance Control Coordinator. As a proud partner of Air Canada operating as “Air Canada Express”, we offer a great career opportunity.
The Maintenance Control Coordinator is responsible for the safe, efficient and economical performance of all of the company’s aircraft. This position assists the maintenance managers and crew chiefs in organizing the day-to-day planned work activities to meet the schedules and goals of the production department. Upon direction, the Maintenance Control Coordinator prepares, sets up and starts daily operation. The Maintenance Control Coordinator is a member of the team; and reports to the MOC Director.
- The monitoring and coordination of all maintenance activities for each aircraft on a continuing bases, providing technical assistance as needed.
- Ensuring proper coordination of parts and parts shipping to the aircraft while in maintenance.
- Reviewing all open items (Deferred Maintenance Items, Additional Work Cards and Maintenance Tolerances) on a daily bases.
- Coordinate with the Operational Control Centre, Sales and Maintenance departments to utilize the ground times to maximize required maintenance activities.
- Coordinating between the various bases to ensure timely repair of items that require special tooling, expertise, or equipment not available in the line station environment.
- The planning of scheduled maintenance tasks to meet the criteria required by the applicable maintenance programs;
- The monitoring and planning of deferred defects, or other unscheduled maintenance items to ensure the compliance with Minimum Equipment List (MEL) run out times or policies within this manual;
- Ensuring all mandatory and regulatory tasks (i.e. ADs, Mandatory SBs) are planned and accomplished within the specified time limits;
- Providing feedback to the Vice President of Maintenance/Person Responsible for Maintenance about opportunities to streamline maintenance programs and optimize fleet utilization;
- Liaise with Flight Operations to control the flow and downtime of aircraft to meet operational and maintenance schedules;
- Coordinate charter flights to fit within the applicable maintenance program and the Air Canada schedule;
- Liaise with Maintenance Manager, Manager of Materials Management and Manager of Corporate Quality Assurance to review nightly work load and correct the plan as needed;
- Verify technical dispatch as related to time expired items verses the work plan;
- Working with the Manager of Materials Management to plan removal of loaner parts in a cost effective manner;
- Planning work with contract companies (i.e. Victor Aerospace, Hope Aero Propeller);
- Review delays and relay issues or concerns to the Vice President of Aircraft Maintenance/Person Responsible for Maintenance;
- All other duties and projects as assigned by the MOC Director.
- Must have completed a Transport Canada approved program in Aviation Maintenance or have received equivalent training recognized by Transport Canada;
- Will hold a valid AME license
- Valid Canadian Passport required at all times.
Air Georgian Group Benefits
- Extended health, dental and vision care benefits
- Life and disability insurances
- Group RRSP
- Tuition assistance program
- Employee referral program
- Corporate Fitness membership
Being part of the Air Canada Express family allows you the opportunity to work with an airline committed to providing exceptional customer service and safety. Are you ready to take your career to new heights? If you are interested in this position, please apply directly and be sure to submit your resume!
Air Georgian is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status and disability.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the Maintenance Control Coordinator position.