The Carter-Ryan Gallery and Live Theatre Venue located in both Canmore and Banff Alberta is seeking a motivated, creative Gallery/Digital Associate to join our team! Our Gallery/Digital Associate is responsible for supporting and assisting with our gallery sales and assist in production of print materials. The ideal candidate is passionate about the arts (both visual and performing), experience in printing, adaptable, an excellent communicator, reliable, organized, a team player and is driven to excel at a career in the Arts. This is a unique position of working at the Gallery and greeting the public in two world class destinations, Canmore and Banff Alberta, as well as being in the printing studio and providing hands on support of print materials for the Carter-Ryan (and if you have an appreciation and passion for live theatre as well - excellent bonus).
Duties for Gallery / Digital Associate Responsibilities:
- Deliver outstanding customer service to walk-in customers, email and telephone inquiries as a representative of the Carter-Ryan Team
- Passionate and well informed about the both the arts (both theatre and visual, in particular, familiar with Jason Carter and Canadian Art)
- Assist with artist on print jobs, using Acrobat, In Design, Illustrator, and Photoshop (colour correction, resizing, etc)
- Package shipments for safe handling during delivery, including assembling stock boxes, building custom boxes, and properly cushioning contents (will be trained on proper packing techniques)
- Provide quotes for shipping and printing services
- Strong knowledge of Social Media trends and Assist / Create Social Media Content
- Building/Handling and coordinating packages for shipping, pick-up, and follow up with tracking for prints and books.
- Flexible with schedule and able to work in either the commercial gallery (Canmore/Banff) or at the studio (Canmore).
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in art or design/visual communication, graphic design, or a related field preferred
- One year of experience in graphic design or the print industry is preferred
- Strong computer and internet skills
- Expertise with Adobe programs (Acrobat, In Design, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Excellent with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Able to manage and optimize workload, prioritize multiple projects, and streamline the production flow
- Must be able to collaborate with a team as well as independently
- Must demonstrate extreme attention to detail in design work/print jobs
- Retail service experience is considered an ASSET
- Must be an energetic self-starter who is driven to succeed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Outstanding phone skills and etiquette
- Prompt, reliable, and responsible
- Able to lift 60+ pounds
- Can begin training for the position immediately
- Must have a flexible schedule
- Must own a vehicle as public transit is limited
The Carter-Ryan Gallery & Live Theatre Venue blazed a new trail in the gallery world establishing in 2011 in Canmore, Alberta and expanded into Banff in 2017. We solely feature the work of acclaimed Indigenous Sculptor/Painter Jason Carter by day and Live Theatre in the evenings produced by Author/Playwright Bridget Ryan. We are looking to expand our team so that our company may continue to grow!
Please forward your resume along with a cover letter explaining how your skills relate to this position, why you would be interested in this opportunity and your availability. Thank you!
Job Type: FULL TIME / COMPETITIVE SALARY/ Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $46,500.00 to $55,700.00 /year
- Retail Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Required)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)