We are currently seeking a full time Guest Service Agent/PT Night Auditor at the award winning Best Western Plus The Inn at St. Albert.
Best Western has been serving guests for 70 years. You know our brand. Perhaps you've even been our guest. If so, then you know we treat our guests like family. What you may not know is that we treat our team members like family, too. When you join the Best Western team, you work among the best in the hotel industry. Our company is thriving, growing and creating new business every day. Our strength is the creativity of our people who partner to provide superior customer care to make every guest interaction memorable. We strive to make our working environment comfortable and welcoming so that our team members feel as valued as our guests. There's room on our team.
We are seeking a new team member for the front desk team, with the ability to work evening and overnight shifts (11:00PM-7:00AM)
Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay by working with all hotel personnel to ensure every guest experiences superior customer care. Responsibilities include registering guests, assigning rooms, accommodating special requests, and ensuring the guests have a pleasant stay and smooth checkout.
- Maintains an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Registers arriving guests and assigns rooms.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
- Coordinates guest room maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division.
- Knows daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Manages and resolves all guest requests or concerns in a professional and courteous manner
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous hotel-related experience an asset.
- Ability to communicate with public, hotel staff, and management in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of surrounding areas and local events.
- Ability to understand and adhere to proper credit and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Able to properly secure guest information.
- Ability to learn safety, emergency, and accident prevention policies and procedures.
- Skilled in the use of front office equipment.
- Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email. Must be eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist with obtaining work authorization.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
PPE is provided to all staff, plexiglass in guest interacting areas, hand sanitizer and hand washing stations available.
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)