Estimator (2 positions available)
1. High Rise Estimator
2. Small Projects Estimator
Location: Lower Mainland
Scott Construction is an ideal place to build your long-term construction career. Our award-winning culture means you’ll enjoy safe job sites, appreciative management, and coworkers who you will soon call friends. We know how to work hard and get the job done safely, but we also know how to have fun.
For more than 35 years, Scott Construction has been changing the landscape of the Lower Mainland, Alberta, and now Ontario. As a progressive, industry-shaping leader, we have built our enviable reputation on a culture of collaboration, trust, and lasting relationships.
With a career at Scott Construction, you will participate in a growing portfolio of diverse and exciting projects. Our job sites include a healthy mix of multi-family residential, commercial, hospitality, education, healthcare, seniors living, district energy, labs, heritage sites, municipal facilities, tenant improvements, special projects, and more! Each day with Scott brings another opportunity to develop and broaden your skills and experience.
At Scott we embrace and reward innovation and new technologies, and we always go the extra mile to make sure your health and well-being is given the highest priority. You will have a full spectrum of choices to meet your coworkers throughout the company—not just in your department—as you are invited to join the Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee, the Mental Health Committee, Subtrade Success, NextGen Leadership training, and a variety of focus groups, to ensure you and our company grow together. We fully support your skills and professional development with industry training and events, and our own JVDU internal construction education platform!
You can be proud to be a part of the Scott Construction team as we interact enthusiastically with our entire industry locally and across Canada. Our staff includes Board of Directors members for the BC Construction Safety Alliance and the Canadian Construction Women’s Association, and we sponsor and attend events in all the construction associations in our areas of business. Everyone has a chance to join in! We also make giving-back a priority with our annual Volunteer Week. Scott gives all staff a paid day to participate in team volunteer opportunities, such as building playgrounds for families in need. A highlight every year!
It’s not just our opinion that Scott Construction is a great place to work. We have also won multiple industry awards to back it up! In the past two years alone, we have received highly respected Best Employer Canada awards from AON and Kincentric. We have also been awarded the BCCA Builders Code Award for Workplace Culture, the very impressive VRCA 2019 Construction Workplace Health & Safety Innovation Award, and three NAOSH BC awards. Our projects are also multi-award winning, with numerous Gold and Silver VRCA Awards of Excellence that span decades.
Scott Construction offers you the opportunity to work on safe, challenging, high-profile projects; provides a highly competitive compensation and benefits package; and delivers the unique experience to grow your career while working with some of the most amazing people in the industry.
We are seeking two Estimators for our head office in Burnaby, who know that building projects and building relationships go hand in hand. Working collaboratively as part of our award-winning team will provide you the opportunity to build on your experience in a dynamic and collaborative environment. Reporting to the Estimating Manager you will play a critical role in delivering functional excellence in projects, supporting Scott Construction Group’s growing Canadian business.
· Perform quantity take-offs from tender drawings;
· Review of Trade Tender Quotes;
· Participate in tender closings when requested;
· Create Detailed Budgets;
· Creation of Tender Packages and Scopes of Work;
· Review estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal quotation
· Consult with Project Managers with regard to general conditions, construction methodology and schedules during the Tender/Pre-Construction process;
· Interpret documentation, specifications and design drawings to define scope/contents of estimates;
· Maintain awareness of current marketplace and trends to gain and maintain our competitive advantage and develop effective bid strategies;
· Establish and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, subcontractors, public and project teams
· Maintain Scott’s culture, commitments and accountabilities are being met in the following areas:
· provide an environment of respect, wellness and career growth for all staff
· continually contribute to building backlog of profitable work
· schedule, budget, quality and service
· occupational health & safety and the environment
· execution, getting things done, providing solutions, continuous improvement
· manage, mitigate and eliminate risk
Experience & Qualifications:
· Experience working for a General Contractor considered an asset
· Experience working through complex pre-construction contracts
· Experience estimating residential buildings and institutional buildings
· Familiarity with drawing reviews, contract administration, document management, scheduling software
· Knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid closing procedures
· Excellent organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to establish positive working relationships with a variety of people and in a team environment
· Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, etc.
· Experience using Procore and Take-Off Software considered an asset
· Proven Integrity when dealing with Clients, Trades and Consultants.
To be successful in this position, you will be a motivated and professional individual with a strong interest in developing your technical and leadership skills. Your success can be attributed to your strong interpersonal skills and ongoing focus on developing your ‘soft skills’ to meet company objectives while demonstrating shared values of integrity, honesty, energy and teamwork.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Scott Construction Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates should apply including a cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time