Planner / Scheduler
Taylor, British Columbia
A leader in energy industry in crude and natural gas transportation and gathering has an immediate need for a Planner / Scheduler to join their team.
You should be proficient in P6 band Prometheus and Microsoft Project, who can do day-to- day scheduling and maintenance of the 10-year plan that is already built. You will also combine the Capital projects schedule into the master schedule of the individual plants into the Master schedule that encompasses the area.
The position requires someone who is flexible with camp work, and has great communication skills.
- Assigned to projects of more than $50MM/year with multiyear duration with an extreme level of complexity.
- Expert user of Primavera P6 software.
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in project planning and scheduling and considered an industry leader in the field.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices, solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- May lead functional teams or projects Is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization.
- Progression to this level represents a candidate who would be suitable for transitioning to a full Project Management role.
- Teaches project controls theory across functional areas in Major Projects.
- Ability to give clear direction and support to Project Execution personnel.
- Leads project teams.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills/facilitation.
- Seen as a Project Controls expert across Major Project’s department.
- Can troubleshoot specific controls issues and make applicable changes.
- Capable of making sound judgments, which are reviewed, but which are usually acceptable as accurate and feasible.
- Considers project impact and effects of decision/solutions.
- Work is assigned in terms of objectives, relative priorities and critical areas that impinge on work of other units.
- Work is carried out within broad guidelines, but informed guidance is available.
- Assigns and outlines work; advises of problems; reviews work for technical accuracy and adequacy.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, P.Eng (or its equivalent)
- 10+ years working experience, including 2+ years of relevant construction or project experience
- Must be a proven high performer, based on prior performance reviews
- Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP)
If this sound like the right role for you and you are confident at what you bring to the table, apply now!
All candidates are subject to Background, Reference, Drug and Alcohol test, and other checks. Although we appreciate all applications, only those that meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role. We thank you all for your interest.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Interested candidate is also encouraged to submit a copy of updated resume to Resource Manager, Geraldine Valiarayil at email@example.com, with the Job Order Number / Position Name in the subject line outlining how you meet the qualifications required for the job.