Our client is looking for a Guidewire Architect to join their team in their digital journey
- Work as part of a team to deliver innovative, cost-effective and efficient IT solutions
- Explaining plans to designers and developers; gaining alignment and understanding
- Development lifecycle of software applications and other business process optimization projects.
- Ensure application performance, reliability, and quality.
- Assists needs analysis by information gathering and performing analysis.
- Complete design, documentation, development, testing and debugging tasks working within a team.
- Develop and implement other business optimization projects and solutions including enhancements and upgrades.
- Prior experience in Guidewire Major Version Upgrade
- Minimum of 6 years of Guidewire development experience
- Minimum of 8 years of enterprise scale Java development experience
- Minimum of 10 years of Technical/Solution Architecting experience
- Minimum of 15 years of large-scale Business Application Development experience
- Knowledge of various programming languages, web design languages, scripting tools and protocols.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and project life cycle principles.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Advances job knowledge to next level by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Proactively provide status, raise issues, and communicate necessary information on a regular basis via daily stand-up meetings, one-on-one meetings, and/or impromptu occasions.
- Responsible for escalating, assisting and follow-through on resolution of issues related to delivery of technology solutions and operational support.
- Provide cost estimates and business case updates
- Design and develop Guidewire integration components, including plug-ins, APIs, messaging and supporting business rules.
- Previous experience implementing integration modules that can be reused, ensure loose coupling, easily scalable of various system and its components.
- Conduct code reviews and walkthrough
- Strong ability to debug system issues and resolve defects
- Oversee technical deliverables, coaching and mentoring of junior developers and provide technical leadership for same
- Understand and implement the overall technical vision for projects, programs, or systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts, integration across the organization and architecture rationalization
- Have strong knowledge of the latest IT systems, legislation and best practice
- Ability to keep cool under pressure
- Good problem solving skills
Job Type: Contract
- Guidewire Architect: 5 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19