A well-established, dynamic law firm in Nepean, Ontario is actively looking for a knowledgeable and experienced Full-time Intellectual Property Law Clerk or Legal Assistant to join our team.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, highly motivated, and able to perform full legal administrative support for our IP associate.
Day-to-day responsibilities, include:
- Docketing duties, including receiving, reviewing, diarizing, saving and distributing trademark prosecution, opposition and section 45 correspondence from CIPO.
- Manage and organize paper files and electronic files in Worldox.
- Monitor and maintain docket calendar for IP associate.
- Follow up with IP associate regarding daily deadlines.
- Prepare client reporting letters.
- Assist in trademark prosecution matters.
- Maintain the IP docketing database for all foreign and domestic trademark matters.
- Provide administrative support to the IP associate.
- Continue to build and develop the IP practice, and create precedents.
- Assist with reception duties when needed.
- Minimum of two years of trademark experience, with an emphasis in docketing of deadlines, and prosecution matters, in a fast paced environment.
- Legal Assistant, Law Clerk or Paralegal diploma, or relevant combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of trademark prosecution, opposition and section 45 rules, deadlines and procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Office is necessary. WorldDox and PCLaw abilities are an asset.
- Excellent analytical, proof-reading, and editing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-faced and changing work environment.
- Time management and project management skills with high attention to detail are required.
- Ability to work independently and well with others as a team.
- Highly motivated, positive, reliable, punctual, and present for work.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter which expresses salary expectations and how your education/experience matches the competencies required for this role. Click 'Apply Now' below. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- trademark: 2 years (Required)