With the overarching objective of Defining a Higher Standard in continuous improvement, the Time and Attendance Clerk is responsible for accurately maintaining the time and attendance system for all hourly employees by entering all hours of work and other information (such as vacation time, sick time, leaves of absence, etc.) that impacts pay and attendance records. Working closely with the Division Accountant, the Time and Attendance Clerk is an integral part of the payroll/finance process.
- Process paperwork for new employees and liaise with the Payroll team to ensure data is entered into the system;
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records;
- Review time sheets, work charts, and other information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies;
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records;
- Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, in order to maintain and update payroll records; and
- Provide information to employees and managers on time and attendance issues and collective agreement provisions.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma required; and
- 3+ years of experience in a clerical or administrative function.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Excellent computer and data entry skills;
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; and
- Excellent record keeping skills.