Job Number: 81208
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital
Organization: EMERGENCY GENERAL
Status: Regular Part-time
Hours per week: 0.01
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: ONA Local 70
Minimum Salary: 33.2300 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 47.5700
Post Date: Apr 16, 2020, 4:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Apr 23, 2020, 3:59:00 AM
Emergency Services at all Hamilton Health Sciences sites provides acute care for both adults and children. Hamilton General supports adult trauma, burns, cardiology and cardiovascular programs.
As a member of the healthcare team, the Registered Nurse coordinates and evaluates patient care and provides nursing care according to the job description and Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses in the Emergency Department.
Schedule Work Hours
days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays
1. Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nursing of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
2. Demonstrated current knowledge of assessment and management in a broad range of disease processes involving all age groups; eg. critically ill, injured, episodic and non-urgent patients
3. Demonstrated knowledge of the community and hospital resources, including regional programs
4. Demonstrated current knowledge of and experience in Emergency and Critical Care Nursing in caring for adults and children
5. Demonstrated expertise in physical assessment, ECG interpretation, health teaching, clinical decision without a prior diagnosis of emergency presentations in all age groups
6. Demonstrated current knowledge of cardiac and respiratory arrest procedures
7. Demonstrated proficiency in working with patients, families, peers and multidisciplinary healthcare teams, both in the hospital and in the community
8. Demonstrated excellent problem-solving and communication skills, both written and verbal
9. Demonstrated strong leadership ability and organizational skills, ongoing professional development
10. Ability to perform well in high stress situations
11. Certification for Emergency Nursing preferred
12. Critical Care Certificate preferred
13. ACLS/BCLS/ATLS preferred
14. PALS, TNCC, ENPC preferred
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement