1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
C’est toute une décision que de se joindre à une entreprise. Nous offrons des perspectives d’emploi à des personnes qui, comme vous, sont travaillantes, dynamiques et fiables.
Pourquoi ce role est-il important?
Are you at the top of your game? Bring your expertise and knowledge to Canada’s largest retailer. We are looking for smart, nice and curious team members to help bring our Data & Analytics game to the next level. This is an exciting time to join our team – we are changing the game in a big way!
If you are looking to join a company that offers unlimited opportunity, excellent leadership, world-class training and makes a big impact on the community – this is the role you’ve been waiting for!
The Data & Analytics team at Loblaw is hiring a Sr.Analyst , Metadata Management, with experience in working with big data. Reporting to the Manager, Data Governance, the incumbent will be responsible for advocating our data governance framework and building processes to improve the management our Enterprise data. This will include playing a key role in developing, socializing, and monitoring adherence to data and reporting standards. The scope of engagements will be related to various subject areas including master data, finance, operational performance, loyalty, and inventory among others. In short, helping us achieve our ultimate goal of becoming a data-driven organization.
The successful candidate will have a strong foundation of data governance and the ability to work with large databases and data structures.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Bring:
- Define and govern accessibility based on roles, permissions, and use cases for various data platforms
- Ensure that sensitive data (PHI, PII) is being protected
- Work with the Metadata team to identify and flag all data sources with sensitive data
- Determine Business needs and define permissions for various business units and roles
- Collaborate with the business to ensure users have access to the right data at the right time for the right purposes and duration
- Help build an Access Governance framework within the Enterprise
- Design Auditing mechanisms for security and access governance
- Support the execution on the enterprise wide data governance framework
- Business support to enable a data-driven culture (communication, training)
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to validate data security and access controls across the Enterprise
- Demonstrate Loblaw CORE values
- Other duties as required
What You Can Expect:
- Post-secondary education in Business, Computer Science or related field of study degree preferred
- Background in a field related to risk, compliance or privacy strongly preferred
- An understanding of data security and data governance fundamentals
- 4 - 6 years of experience in a field related to data governance or data management strongly preferred especially in a highly regulated industry (e.g. Banking, Healthcare)
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in data platform/BI solution roll outs or planning role working with data platforms
- Experience with Data tools is required (e.g. Teradata, GCP, Azure, SAP HANA)
- Experience with User administration (System, application and data ) in any one of the Data/BI tools is required (e.g. MicroStrategy, Power BI, Qlik)
- Experience with SQL or Python required
- Knowledge on Custom API’s for system integrations is an asset
- A Team player, self starter with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinker with an ability to think outside the box
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
We are a team of diverse and ambitious analysts, who cultivate a friendly and inclusive work environment where you can be yourself. Our employees’ development is at the core of our business, offering endless possibilities for growth, learning and mobility. Let us help grow your skills through one of our many resources including the Loblaw Virtual Learning Centre, where you have access to hundreds of learning tools, or through casual coffee chats with our leaders who were once in your shoes.
Other perks of joining Loblaw:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Office with incredible amenities including an on-site gym, volleyball court and basketball court (turned ice rink in the winter!)
- A flexible work environment which values balance
- Colleague Discount Program
- Tuition reimbursement Program
- Employee Share Ownership plan
- Pension Plan
If the above sounds like a great fit, then we would love to hear from you! Apply today, and get the process started. If you meet the above requirements, expect a call from one of our recruiters, followed by an in-person interview. Our recruitment process will allow you to meet and interact with colleagues at various levels of our business to give you a great perspective of life at Loblaw.
We thank all candidates for their interest but please note, those candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be contacted.
Comment R é ussir:
Chez Loblaw, nous recherchons toujours des personnes formidables pour continuellement renforcer notre culture. Nous croyons que les gens formidables façonnent nos valeurs, sont authentiques, bâtissent la confiance et créent des liens.
Si cela vous ressemble et que vous êtes ouvert d’esprit, que vous avez une bonne attitude face aux changements et que vous aimez les défis d’un environnement de travail aux détails dynamiques, postulez aujourd’hui.
En outre, nous croyons que la conformité aux lois consiste à faire ce qu'il faut. Le respect de la loi fait partie de notre Code de conduite; il renforce ce que nos clients et nos parties prenantes attendent de nous.
Loblaw considère que la diversité culturelle du Canada est une source de fierté nationale et un symbole de force. Nous nous sommes donné comme priorité de refléter la diversité croissante du Canada dans les produits que nous vendons, les gens que nous embauchons et notre culture d’entreprise. Des accommodements sont disponibles sur demande pour les postulants et collègues atteints d’un handicap.
Si vous avez accès à Libre-service de l’employé (ESS) dans Workday, veuillez postuler à cet emploi en utilisant l’application Workday.