HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual Earthworks Superintendent on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a heavy civil environment with demonstrated progressive supervisory experience.
This position is in Bloom Lake, QC, for a duration of six months. A rotation of 14 days in and 7 days out will be offered, with flights and accommodation provided by the client.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Review project requirements to determine and organize work, equipment, and human resources requirements.
- Assist the General Superintendent to prepare work schedules/duties for crew members.
- Coordinate and supervise operations and field activities to ensure employees are performing assigned duties, the project(s) is meeting objectives and the work is being conducted on time, budget and in accordance with Safety and Quality objectives and requirements.
- Track progress of relevant project work.
- Record relevant field activities including but not limited to daily equipment operations, timecards, daily reports, and daily diaries.
- Assist in coordinating equipment to permit scheduled maintenance.
- Review employee timecards to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement by identifying new practices that will contribute to the overall effectiveness of the company and project.
- Work with and maintain positive relations with clients, subcontractors, and employees.
- Support and promote the company HSE Plan by effective participation in safety meetings, inspections, and investigations.
- Ensure employees understand and follow safety policies and procedures.
- Complete the Daily HSE report and submit it to the HSE Department.
- Provide support in conducting competency evaluations for applicable employees.
- Administer discipline as required in accordance with the company’s disciplinary procedures, in consultation with HR and the Project Manager.
- Support and promote the company’s Quality Assurance Program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a heavy civil environment with demonstrated progressive supervisory experience.
- Strong understanding of various equipment specification and equipment operations.
- Knowledge of standard Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) requirements and practices in the construction industry.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Understanding of change management process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong people management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be bilingual.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version and clearly state the job title for which you are applying.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person