We are a large, well-established vegetable greenhouse in the Niagara area. We require a full time truck driver from approximately March to November.
- Transporting delicate produce carefully, with proper temperatures, to customers in both Canada & the United States.
- Willing to do overnight trips as required.
- Ensuring that product loads are secure, and properly accounted for.
- Maintain compliance with all laws, regulations, and standards. Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork as required.
- Follow all truck safety and truck maintenance rules & regulations.
- Perform general physical activities to load, unload, sort and move shipments, either using material handling equipment or by hand.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of shipment.
- Pack, seal, and label materials to prepare for shipping.
- Perform tasks in multi-temperature environments.
- Neatness practice in all areas of company premises.
- Must be able to cross the U.S. Border and follow proper procedures for crossing.
- Perform all duties pertaining to staging and loading of outbound orders.
- Ensuring proper information is recorded on all pick sheets to satisfy traceability requirements.
- Random spot checks to assure quality of product prior to loading.
-DZ license with a clean abstract.
-3 years of driving experience.
-Able to drive in the United States.
-Excellent communication skills.
-Perform duties accurately & with attention to detail.
-Work well in busy, time sensitive environment.
-Forklift training and experience.
-Willing to work evenings & weekends.
-Position is hourly.
-Company is located in rural Niagara-On –The-Lake.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter or by telephone (905) 988-5636, ext. 223.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We sincerely thank everyone for applying.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 to $21.00 /hour