Where innovation, technology and integrity come together.
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Newton Group Ltd. is a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise; design engineers, superintendents, estimators, civil engineers, electrical & mechanical professionals, project managers, marketing, and communications specialists, HR, accounting and legal professionals and manufacturing professionals.
We are seeking an upwardly mobile, detail oriented individual who has the ability to work as part of a fast paced team and be equally productive working on their own. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for being the contact between the build team, project manager, and clients. Expected to prepare reports, bids, and takeoffs for various projects. Responsible for negotiating with a variety of contractors, sub contractors and partners fitting the budget and scheduling requirements.
- Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with policies and procedures, including tracking and creating RFIs, transmitting and tracking of submittals, compose agreements, and maintain project expediting list.
- Attend project co-ordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as requested or required.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work as required.
- Present oneself as a candidate for promotion by learning and understanding construction methods and developing good construction management skills.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested by supervision.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Proficiency in Reading Drawings – Structural, Architectural, Civil
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (2D and 3D Drafting), Microsoft Suite including Excel, Project, Bluebeam, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Procore and Sage Timberline an asset, without – ultimate fast track learning is required
- Proficiency in Design Calculations
- Experience working with Revit and Solid Works an asset
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the Owner, Architect, related project staff and the community.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent combinations of technical training plus a minimum of two years commercial construction experience.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials, and required standards applicable to discipline
- Valid driver’s license required
Newton Group Ltd. consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Newton Group Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes and encourages all applicants.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Qualified candidates should email their resume or fax to: 519-822-6159.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, no agencies and no telephone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- commercial construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Procore: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)