Full Time Registered Nurse
The Health Zone Nurse Practitioner Led Clinic (HZNPLC) provides primary healthcare services to residents within London, Ontario.
Our vision is to “Improve the health equity and well-being of women, children and families who have limited access to primary health care services.”
We are currently looking to fill a permanent 1.0 FTE RN position.
The successful candidate will work independently and interdependently as part of a dynamic interdisciplinary team, providing high quality professional nursing care to patients, consistent with the vision of the Health Zone Nurse Practitioner Led Clinic
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs patient assessments, treatments, health education and counseling according to the standards of practice from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Responsible for the management of day to day clinic operations and administration of immunizations
- Co-facilitates in various clinic programs offered at Health Zone with other clinical staff
- Accountable for ensuring best practices in all areas of clinical work including infection control as per MOH & LTC standards.
- Participates in chronic disease management providing patient education and promotes patient self-management
- Provides leadership to patient engagement that promotes capacity and wellness
- Certified in STOP or willing to obtain in the first year of employment
- Demonstrates knowledge of community resources relevant to patient care
- Willingness to participate in clinic committees and contribute to proposal writing as required
- Contributes to other duties as assigned
- Reports to the Clinical & Administration Leads
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing with current registration from CNO
- Minimum of three to five years recent experience preferably in a primary care setting, remote nursing, mental health and/or with newcomers
- Masters level preparation preferred
- Experience in program planning and development an asset
- CNA certification in community health (CCHN(C)) or psychiatric and mental health care (CPMHN(C)) an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to travel throughout London
- Police Records Check Vulnerable Position Screening will be required
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00 to $39.00 /hour
- nursing: 3 years (Required)