UBCO is currently recruiting an energetic, friendly and deeply passionate part-time (9 hours/week) Barista to join our Starbucks team! With the direction of the Food Services Manager, our Baristas provide exceptional customer service to all clients of our busy on-campus Starbucks location. This includes providing excellent customer service, and preparing and selling specialty drinks and food. Certified Starbucks Barista training provided to successful candidates!
Please note this position is sessional, ongoing each year from September to the end of April (May, June, July, August off). This position has an hourly wage of $16.39/hour. For more information on our new Food Services Department, check out the website at: https://food.ok.ubc.ca/. Must be available to work the below shift from September-end of April.
The set shift available for this position starting in September are:
-Tuesdays & Thursdays, 3:00pm-7:30pm (9 hours/week)
Who are you?
- You love coffee, and love the opportunity to be creative with it!
- You are energetic, friendly and deeply passionate about customer food and dining experiences through exceptional customer service
- You are excited about working in a fun university setting and building relationships with students, faculty, and staff
- You have the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with an aptitude for working in a collegial and collaborative environment
- You have excellent organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of work during peak periods
- You are looking for a career to develop into, not just a job. Endless opportunities for advancement with hard work!
- You thrive while learning new things and take delight in solving problems
- You have a Food Safe Level 1 Certificate (or are willing to obtain one) and a Grade 10 education, plus one year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and needs
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the drink and food menu; answering questions
- Prepares specialty drinks and food
- Generates revenues by attracting new customers; defining new and expanded services and products
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar
- Other duties as required
Grade 10 or equivalent and Food Safe Level 1 Certificate (or willing to obtain one). One year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must complete and pass associated specialized training program for Starbucks (training provided).
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.39 /hour