Our Opportunity – Invasive Plant Management Technician
Spectrum is seeking Invasive Plant Management Technicians for our 2020 summer season projects.
The role of the Invasive Plant Management Technician includes:
· Inventory and control of invasive plants throughout northern BC and Alberta
· Select and implement appropriate management and control practices
· Promote awareness of invasive species to the public on a day-to-day basis
· Collect and interpret invasive species population data and monitor control efficacy
· Work is outdoors. Work localities include highway and resource road right-of-ways, oil and gas infrastructure, municipalities and rangeland, among others. Basically wherever plants grow!
· Shift work ranging from 10-on-4-off to 20-on-8-off (length of shift may vary)
· Operation of ATVs and pick-up trucks on a daily basis on various road conditions
What You Bring
· Safety conscious
· Demonstrate ability to both work independently and as part of a team
· Previous experience operating ATVs and pick-up trucks safely on various road conditions will be considered an asset
· Previous experience completing vegetation surveys is an asset
· Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment
· Background in Natural Resource Management or education in a related field is an asset
· 1 year of post-secondary education in environmental sciences or a related field
· Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract
· BC Industrial Vegetation Herbicide Applicator’s Certificate (will assist in obtaining certificate)
· Valid Level 1 First Aid Ticket and Transportation Endorsement (will assist in obtaining certificate)
· Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test
Spectrum offers a competitive salary, a co-operative work environment and the drive to nurture and grow our business.
Visit our website www.srgi.ca to apply today!
Reference ID: 2020-001
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $185.00 per day