Pickering Casino Resort is seeking a Director Food and Beverage!
Don’t miss the opportunity to join One Toronto Gaming’s new Pickering Casino Resort Food and Beverage team!
Based at Pickering Casino Resort, under the direction of the General Manager and with strong functional reporting to the National Director, Food & Beverage, this position will be responsible for the overall management, leadership and profitability of the multi-venue F&B operations while striving to deliver on the company’s mission, “to be the leading gaming, entertainment and hospitality provider in Canada”. The Director, F & B will oversee a business division responsible to generate $20.8 million in annual revenue in its first year, overseeing 305 team members and providing senior leadership to 9 distinct outlets/ services. While driving and executing all new F & B initiatives, the Director, Food & Beverage ensures adherence to all policies, procedures & internal controls, motivates and leads by example and provides learning opportunities while establishing a safe and welcoming work environment for all team members. This role will interact and partner with leadership team members, managers, union, vendors and executives on a regular basis. Above all, the Director, Food & Beverage will set a high standard for guest experience and recruit, engage and inspire a team of managers, supervisors and team members who are passionate about food, beverage and creating great experiences for our guests.
Pickering Casino Resort is slated to open in early 2020 and will feature a number of gaming and dining options, while the second phase will include a full scope of entertainment amenities and hotel offerings. Once complete, the Pickering Casino Resort will include a casino, hotel, entertainment centre, and multiple food outlets, providing an eclectic mix of adventure, culture, cuisine, and entertainment.
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
· Provides leadership, support and direction to Food & Beverage management including Culinary;
· Accountable for the guest experience in Food & Beverage through creating and delivering a great product with warm, personable service in a vibrant entertainment setting;
· Directs the day to day activities of the F & B division, front & back of house, including Culinary;
· Responsible that the business delivers on a high standard of quality in terms of food preparation, presentation, cleanliness and service;
· Develops performance objectives and conducts Performance Partnership discussions & goal-setting with direct reports;
· Develops and implements Food & Beverage policies, procedures and controls;
· Responsibility for ongoing financial analysis and all budgeting aspects of the department;
· Ensures monthly inventory processes and counts are completed to SOP standards;
· Evaluates current business models and methods; proposes and implements approved changes;
· Accountable for labour costs and efficiencies to ensure proper scheduling practices align with business needs/ volumes and the Collective Agreement;
· Reviews F & B offerings, standards and operating procedures and identifies opportunities for improvements; ensures implementation of all F & B strategies;
· Researches trends and innovations as they relate to product and operations, makes recommendations for improvements;
· Assists in the execution of promotions and in marketing the business;
· Accountable for GSEI metrics (Guest Service Experience Index) and responds to all guest feedback related to Food & Beverage, including on social media sites, resolves issues that are escalated;
· Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, management, team members, union and regulators;
· Ensures the administrative responsibilities associated with Kronos, Leave Management and Performance Improvement are maintained as per procedure;
· Carries out inspections on a routine basis to ensure consistency, reporting maintenance & housekeeping deficiencies
· Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate business units;
· Ensures compliance of Food & Beverage operations with policy and procedure, legislation, AGCO, health and safety, safe food handling, responsible beverage service and other programs including RG;
· Ensures compliance with licensing laws and other statutory regulations;
Carry out other reasonable additional duties as assigned.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
Education and Qualification Requirements:
· Post-Secondary education in Hospitality/ Food & Beverage or suitable combination of continuing education and strong experience;
· 15 years’ experience in Food & Beverage management, with at least 5 years of that in a senior leadership role, casino/gaming experience an asset;
· Proven leadership skills and a track record of training, grooming and developing team members;
· Ability to exceed internal and external guest expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication;
· A commitment to continually increase knowledge of products and services in order to offer exceptional experiences to our guests;
· A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development;
· Smart Serve certification required;
· Computer fluency in MS Office;
· Ability to obtain registration as a Category 1 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
Pickering Casino Resort candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours of work will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
One Toronto Gaming accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources of requirements in advance
Job Type: Full-time