Director of Engineering and Drafting
Are you ready to take your career to new heights? Join our growing team at WesTower Communications Ltd as one of our key leaders of our national engineering team.
We are Canada’s largest network service contractor offering Engineering, Design, Fabrication, Construction, Project Management, and Maintenance Services for telecommunication carriers, independent tower operators, broadcast and utility.
Located in our Edmonton office, The Director of Engineering and Drafting will lead these disciplines regionally to ensure the delivery of high quality, cost competitive solutions and services. The ideal candidate will be someone who has a civil structural background and is highly skilled at developing and leading high performing teams.
We offer competitive wages, paid holidays, comprehensive benefits, RSP matching, stock options, a generous referral bonus program and opportunities to further develop your skillset and grow your career.
- Lead, develop and supervise our national Engineering and Drafting team
- Establish material standards, work allocation, resource loading and scheduling
- Be proactive in the development of team members, advise, lead and motivate team members, assess capability, identify and resolve training/skill requirements, be involved in disciplinary issues.
- Ability to lead from the front, driving pace accuracy and standards
- Communication tower structural design and analysis
- Foundation design and analysis
- Tower inspection and construction inspection
- Working with project managers to ensure schedules and time lines are achieved
- Interact with clients, including developing new and existing relationships
- 10 + years experience as a Professional Civil/ Structural Engineer with increasing levels of responsibility for staff, projects and clients
- Proven success in leading high-performance teams, achieving results through others, and being a strong team player
- Professional Engineer registered in Western Provinces, additional Provinces and Territories would be an asset
- Proficient AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word &Excel etc.).
- Familiar with using structural analysis software (i.e. SAP2000, S-Frame, RISA3D, Guymaster, TS Tower)
- Ability to demonstrate communication skills necessary for conflict management and resolution
- Telecommunications experience is considered an asset
- The ideal candidate will be likable and relatable with the ability to make meaningful and lasting connections with others
- Capability to inspire and influence both your team and our executive leadership
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with co-workers and clients
- Must be reliable, trustworthy and have a positive attitude!
At WesTower Communications Ltd. you can expect to be treated fairly. We recognize that it is our people who drive the success of our business, so we make it our priority to foster inclusive work environments welcomed to diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to accommodating prospective employees. We proudly offer a drug free workplace with a zero-tolerance safety program.
Job Type: Full-time
- leadership: 7 years (Preferred)