To supervise, direct and plan the activities of the Mechanical and Preventative Maintenance personnel to ensure mill equipment is well maintained in a cost efficient manner and is available on a continuous basis without failure resulting in down time.
Direct (accountable for / authority over):
· Works with the senior planner and the maintenance staff to ensure all work performed conforms to current technical safety operational standards.
· Ensures all work performed by the trades people is done safely and effectively by providing the necessary direction and equipment (tools) to do the work.
· Assigns work to the trade’s employee and ensures the completion of work in the time allowed.
· Directs and supervises all contractors hired to perform work related to repairs and/or improvements to the mill equipment/structures.
· To provide effective leadership to his subordinates and encourage creativity and problem solving.
· Provides weekly reports to the Manager, Maintenance and Services:
- status of all work assigned to him
- lost production due to maintenance
- extraordinary cost
- unscheduled work
· Maintain work order system to ensure all work performed is recorded and the information is stored for future reference.
· Maintains a close relationship with:
- Senior Planner
- Maintenance Engineer
- E/I Supervisor
- Operations Supervisors / Lead Hands
- Yard/Service Personnel
s Certified/Red Seal Millwright preferred
s Post-secondary education in a technical, mechanical or electrical related discipline
s Demonstrated supervisory experience in a production environment, preference will be given to those with sawmill experience
s Demonstrated ability to positively influence and lead teams
s Competency in Microsoft Office products specifically Word and Excel, knowledge of Time Clock system would be an asset
s Good analytical skills to evaluate, plan and schedule production maintenance to meet goals
s Able to trouble shoot and problem-solve
s Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
s Must be able to work flexible hours and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent