Intermediate or Senior Terrestrial and Aquatic Biologists (Nanaimo, BC) – other locations will be considered
Since we started EDI 25 years ago, we’ve hired extraordinary people – people who’ve helped EDI thrive. We’ve worked together to see team members achieve their goals, flourish in their careers, and be a part of something special. EDI is not just a company, we are their company.
We are searching for new members to join our team of professionals in Nanaimo. Not in Nanaimo? Keep reading anyways since we may consider positions in other offices for the right candidates.
Whether you are a Terrestrial or Aquatic Biologist, our successful candidates are highly motivated with outstanding technical, client service and interpersonal skills. As an Intermediate or Senior Biologist you will be responsible for interacting with regulatory agencies and our clients. You are an effective communicator and thrive in a team environment. If you are a self-starter eager for the opportunity to enhance your leadership skills, this position is the next step in your career.
· A minimum of 7 years’ experience related to biology.
· A thorough understanding of project management.
· A proven record of professional report writing and client management.
· Registration or eligibility for registration as R.P.Bio or P.Biol. is required.
· Minimum B.Sc. degree.
· A thorough knowledge of regulatory processes in B.C.
· A thorough understanding of biological survey techniques
· Flexible and adaptable in identifying and mitigating environmental issues and risks during assessment and construction phases of projects
· Experience with urban development and completing Riparian Areas Regulation assessments is an asset
· Hydropower experience is an asset
· A proven record in completing field work productively and safely
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and exceptional time management skills
· The ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment with limited supervision
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making abilities
· Experience with business development and writing proposals
· Willingness to travel for field work in remote locations and/or between offices.
If you are ready for new challenges and a rewarding career experience, please email your resume in confidence by March 31, 2019 with NAN0331 in the subject line.
Applicants will be considered as their resumes are received and may be requested for an interview prior to the closing date. Only candidates requested for personal interviews will be contacted.
Reference ID: NAN0331
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent