Who we are:
Superior Glove® is one of North America's leading manufacturers and suppliers of work gloves, located in Acton Ontario. A respected source for thousands of customers, Superior Glove® has been in the business since 1910. With four manufacturing facilities, we can serve customers globally. Specializing in cut-resistant gloves, we are also licensed manufacturers of Kevlar® and Dyneema® products and other high-quality work gloves for every industry.
Who we are looking for:
Are you an enthusiastic team player? Are you looking for your next career challenge and appreciate working in a family-oriented environment? Do you have a passion for safety and training programs that support a safe work environment? If so, we have a great opportunity for you!
Superior Glove Works Ltd. is currently seeking a HR / Health & Safety Coordinator to work in its Acton, ON location.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources & Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of employment relations questions and concerns with respect to internal customer groups to facilitate the success of the employees, the departments and the company as well as leading the Health and Safety initiatives for Acton. This role also assists with the development of Human Resources and Health & Safety policies, programs, guidelines and procedures. While ensuring adherence to company mission, vision and values, the HR Coordinator will provide support, encouragement and feedback to the employees and leaders to help with Performance Management, legislative compliance, recruiting, recognition, training, safety, communications etc.
The ideal candidate will have superior people skills, be a highly organized and motivated individual with the ability to multitask. You will be a positive individual that is solution orientated, dedicated to providing the highest level of support in each customer interaction.
· Certified Management Member of Committee and Secretary
· Administrative support for Committee(s) including Minutes, Audits, follow ups, communications and compliance
· First Aid / WSIB reporting and tracking, follow ups
· Responsible for Contractor Safety Program, including gathering of clearance certificates and insurances
· Modified work program for Work and Non-work related accommodations, FAF completion and communication to leaders, doctors, team members in conjunction with HR Rep
· Maintain all documentation and stats (KPI’s) related to Accidents/Incidents & submit to Manager Monthly
· Responsible for Standards compliance on Boards and forms, communications
· Supports proactive Health and Safety initiatives to minimize/eliminate risk and safety issues
· Maintain updated Emergency Response Plan and related documents
· SOP and PDA creation/support
· Take on additional duties as required on the HR team for cross-functional support and growth opportunity such as recruiting, training, HRIS, project work.
· Follow and comply with all Operational Procedures / Policies as stated in the Employee Handbook, Safety, Customer Service, Quality and Environmental programs.
· Perform other duties as required
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Required to adhere to all Health and Safety programs in accordance with the O.H.S.A.
· Follow and ensure the company’s procedures regarding safety rules and regulations are followed throughout the company.
Why work for us?
· Listed as one of Canada’s top Small & Medium Employers for 2020!
· An opportunity to contribute new ideas; we welcome fresh perspectives!
· Become a part of an innovative, family oriented and fast-growing organization
· Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies 7th consecutive year in a row!
· Winner of Halton Hills 2017 Environmental Excellence Award
· Health, Dental and Extended Benefits
· Group RRSP Plan, Employee Assistance and Education Assistance Programs
· Join our online company Recognition Program, gain access to fantastic rewards
· Enjoy Fresh fruit Mondays, Snack Box and subsidized coffee program,
· Access to our on-site fitness equipment, “Grab and Go” bikes, game room, and more
· As part of the “family” you can join in on our community involvement, staff lunch adventures, annual barbeques and much more!
We are a family owned and operated company meeting international standards by
“Improving Occupational Hand Protection through Innovation”.
Please send your resume and cover letter with “HR / H&S Coordinator” in the subject line. Please apply by midnight on Monday, June 22, 2020.
Superior Glove strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the company will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent