VersaFile Inc. is a Vancouver-based technology services and software company providing intelligent content and process automation solutions. This includes managed services, strategic consulting, implementations and commercial software. Our purpose is to generate outcomes that make a difference by making our solutions easy, highly functional and quick to value.
The Jr. Technical Support Specialist is an entry level position aimed at expanding upon your basic technical knowledge. In addition to providing internal troubleshooting service desk support, you will learn and gain hands on experience with VersaFile and IBM enterprise software installations, upgrades, support and managed services. You will grow into delivering enterprise software installations, upgrades, technical guidance and specialized support for development and implementation of large scale on premise and cloud based applications and solutions.
Our ideal candidate is proactive, a quick learner and client-focused. To excel in this role, you must be an excellent communicator and have the ability to turn complex concepts into simple non-technical lingo. You should have the patience to work through technical concepts in a timely manner. This will be a great start in your career with room to advance into other technical areas.
- Manage/track/execute support for our internal teams across North America.
- Manage/track/execute support for multiple IBM environments (production, QA, development) for our clients including liaising with their teams, generating hardware specifications and providing pre-requisites for software, desktop and shared infrastructure.
- Install software platforms and ensure work reliably to meet the client’s needs.
- Manage/track/execute upgrades of IBM platform and application software across all environments for our customers.
- Promote the effective use of new and existing technologies to enhance the customers experience of our solutions.
- Assist Technical Services Team with cloud implementations.
- Assist sales teams with estimates and specifications.
- Communicate clearly with internal and customer team members regarding status, issues, diagnosis and next steps.
- Work with the Client’s Enterprise Infrastructure Team to monitor hardware and system software, and perform preventative maintenance work
- Application of IBM & other software patches
- Maintain internal Production, QA, Development and Demo environments
- Liaise with IBM/Other Partners and their support agencies for the ongoing support and maintenance of relevant hardware and software.
- Ensure that all work and changes are performed in such a way as to minimize disruptions to the customers and other stakeholders
- Manage/prepare application testing and refinement
- Design and document processes, procedures and standards for our IBM FileNet Technical Services and Support Practice
- Provide status reports
- Available during non-core business hours to perform upgrade or maintenance work
- Available for some shift work/standby for emergency support situations
Must have good understanding of the following systems/applications/technologies:
- Operating Systems: MS Windows Client; MS Windows Server
- LDAPs: MS Active Directory services
- Information security, firewalls
- Domain, DNS Administration
Key Attributes and Qualifications
- Experience working with different users at all levels of technical proficiency and seniority levels
- Excellent organizational skills in planning and prioritizing own workload and initiatives
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- You are proactive, solutions-driven, deadline-driven, and collaborative
- Responsible and always wanting to do “The Right Thing”
- Inventive with solutioning to troubleshoot and solve tough problems
- Fluent in English and eligibility to work in Canada are requirements
Nice to Haves
- Experience in enterprise installation and deployment planning and control
- IBM WebSphere Application Server & Single Sign-On / SAML
- Enterprise Content Management or related technologies
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Azure, AWS or other Cloud Service DevOps experience.
Location: Vancouver (Gastown)
Type: Full Time permanent
Perks: Medical Services Plan, Group Benefits from Great West Life, Cell Phone, Home Internet & Bonuses.
- Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume
- Only those candidates who are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application will be considered
We thank all applicants for their interest and we will contact you for an interview if you are short-listed as a candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Aforementioned technical skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19