The operations manager role is responsible for monitoring the day to day operations of the Plaza Premium Lounge at the Edmonton International Airport, in accordance with our core values. Building and managing customer relationships, lead, supervise and develop colleagues in delivering quality customer service.
- Provide guidance and support in overseeing the day to day activities of the loung by assigning, prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Ensure all employees are providing professional and exceptional service. Make appropriate rectifications when required.
- Oversee hiring, training and development of new and existing employees in accordance with the company’s expectations and the safe execution of job functions, in facilitating productivity.
- Conduct meetings with employees in an effort to improve morale and foster good company-employee relation.
- Set up cleaning schedules or monitor the operations team to carry out regular checks of all areas of the lounges to ensure cleanliness and tidiness.
- Maintain excellent relationships with guests and other departments. Set up procedures in providing efficient and effective service recovery to customers when needed. Effectively addressing the customer inquiries and complaints that are escalated to Management’s level in a timely manner.
- Ensure all necessary reports are processed and submitted as per set time frames. Set up work procedures in compiling accurate daily closing reports.
- Building rapport with airlines, corporate partners and Airport Authority
- Set up work procedures in compiling accurate daily closing reports., prepare statistics reports, help with budget preparation, attend P&L meeting and process and disseminate information as necessary.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or equivalent post-secondary qualification.
- Five to Eight years’ experience in Food & Beverage service industry in a supervisory position.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing English, knowledge of a second language will be an asset.
- Strong analytical skills and a proven problem solver, strong supervisory, leadership, management, human relations and coaching skill
Job Type: Full-time
- operations management: 2 years (Preferred)