We are looking for a combination of personnel to be based out of Fort McMurray, and out-of-town work from Edmonton and Calgary.
Since 1933, Preston Phipps has been providing products and services related to the optimization of steam distribution systems in addition to offering complete solutions in HVAC and hot water systems.
We presently have open contract or fixed-term employee positions for Field Technician / Engineer-In-Training / Engineering Technologists. Positions offer the candidate experience at various Canadian production facilities on different processes in oil, gas, energy, mining, pulp and paper etc. Work is primarily based out of our Fort McMurray contract locations.
Ideal candidates with a recent mechanical or engineering degree or technologist diploma who are self-motivated, ambitious with great personal skills will have an opportunity to work for a dynamic company.
Core Responsibilities Include;
- Perform as a member of team responsible for evaluating and testing steam traps within an oil and gas facility.
- Mapping of existing process steam circuits, protective warming systems and Winterization within a facility.
- Locate, test, diagnose and troubleshoot steam trap and other steam system installations.
- Detailed reports of trap testing including analysis of surrounding piping and heat transfer equipment for root cause of trap performance issues.
- Customer Management, Product Knowledge, Communications and Reporting
- Strengthen existing client relationships by providing ongoing support towards ensuring overall client satisfaction and long term relationship
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, trade, regulatory and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, and codes
- Continuously strive for excellence in personal safety performance with familiarity of applicable safety methods and procedures
- Apply experience in using diagnostic instruments and usage of steam audit technologies
- Communicate the company’s positive image and objectives externally.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to develop strong and effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, self-managed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Autodesk and isometric drawing experience is a plus
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technologist, or currently enrolled
- Familiarity with principle operation of plant’s steam and condensate systems
- Class 5 operators license
If you are an ambitious team oriented individual with the required qualifications, please forward your resume in complete confidence to Aaron Croy.
Engineering Services Manager, Western Canada
Job Type: Contract