Working under the supervision of the Foreman, the Skilled Construction Labourer will assist the Civil Team with the installation of telecommunications infrastructure (buried cable, wire or ducts) for various projects.
We are continuing to grow and our Fibre to the Home (FTTH) civil construction operations are expanding into the Guelph and surrounding area.
They will be responsible for the following:
- Skilled and digging and grading using a mini excavator
- Digging holes and trenches for conduit
- Pulling and placing cable
- Operating equipment and tools
- General site preparation and clean-up as directed
- Set up traffic control as directed
- Other duties as required
To be considered for the role:
- At least 1-2 years of related experience in the civil/utilities construction or landscaping industry
- Ability to safely and proficiently operate a mini excavator to dig and grade
- Experience using construction/landscaping tools/equipment
- Must be able to safely lift 23 kg (50 lbs.)
- Must have at least a valid G Driver’s License (or greater) with a good driver’s abstract
- Must be able to complete a criminal background check to the company's satisfaction
ABOUT TELECON GROUP
Founded in 1967, Telecon is Canada’s leading telecommunication network infrastructure services provider. The company leverages its national presence, thousands of skilled professionals, client relationships and more than 50-year history to offer industry-leading design, locate, infrastructure and connectivity solutions to telecommunication companies and corporate clients nationwide. Depending on the region and the type of work to be performed, Telecon operates under one of the following brands: Telecon, Telecon Design, AGIR Consultants, Promark-Telecon, Expercom, Chemco-Telecon Infrastructure, Telecon Entreprises, Marcomm, Plexus, Unified Systems Group, SC360, Questzones and TRJ Telecom. For more information on Telecon, visit www.telecon.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Telecon Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $25.65 per hour
- Civil/Utilities or Telecom Construction: 1 year (preferred)
- Mini Excavator to Dig and Grade: 1 year (preferred)
- Full G license or greater and a good abstract (preferred)
Willingness to travel: