Be a part of innovation, success and teamwork! We are currently looking for a talented Senior Node.js Developer for our Waterloo Innovation Centre.
Exciting things are happening at HealthHub! We are striving to make a difference in Canadian healthcare. We understand our customers’ needs and work together, as a team, to remove obstacles and barriers as we support beneficial changes in the healthcare community. Our ultimate goal is to improve healthcare in Canada by helping doctors do more doctoring, nurses do more nursing, and administrators to be more productive to serve their patients.
Are you looking for a challenge? Do you want to make a difference in Canadian healthcare? HealthHub is building a new leading-edge hospital healthcare software applications innovation centre in Waterloo that will build the next generation of patient-centric staff-friendly healthcare applications.
Reporting to the Waterloo Innovation Centre Manager, you will innovate, develop and deliver applications for use in hospitals on the HealthHub platform.
- Develop, deploy and maintain applications based on pre-established requirements and quality attributes.
- Discuss new features with the product team and contribute to the definition of the best solution possible, keeping in mind our business needs and timelines.
- Mentor teammates through code reviews, peer programming, and establishing good practices.
- Be a self-starter who is looking to learn and develop new skills to deploy the best tools for the job.
- Collaborate with platform team in order to ensure the application is scalable, performant and easily deployable by our on-site technicians.
- Work in an Agile environment with a focus on team and continuous self-improvement.
- Investigate customer reported issues and be responsive to our support teams.
- Write quality, test-supported code and participate in peer code reviews.
- Develop and maintain high quality and valuable automated tests.
- Pro-actively seek out ways to enhance our applications through innovation.
- Sc. in Computer Science or B.Eng. in Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Proficient understanding of application cloud architecture.
- Examples of greenfield development and strong prototyping skills.
- Minimum 3-year professional experience with NodeJS, expressJS, or similar technologies.
- Familiar with data store technologies, both non-relational (Redis, MongoDB) and relational (PostgreSQL).
- Understanding of how to apply MVC framework patterns.
- Comfortable in a *nix Development Environment.
- Knowledge of Git and how to use it in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Travis CI, CircleCI, or Gitlab CI.
- Creative approach and an eye for usability and accessibility.
- Experience working in an agile team.
- Able to deliver clean and maintainable code.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with cloud-based tools.
- Works effectively with remote peers.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and process improvement skills.
You’ll be continually learning and applying knowledge of new technologies, and best practices to improve an already great culture and an effective work environment. Be part of a team that welcomes transparency, collaboration and open communication. Join us on our journey. While it won’t always be easy, it will be exciting and rewarding!
In addition to working with great people in a supportive work culture every day, we offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, opportunities for career advancement and significant on-the-job training. Learn more on our website www.healthhubsolutions.ca
HealthHub is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- CSS3, HTML, Java: 3 years (Required)