Kira Systems is a fast-growing Toronto-based software company, where our mission is to empower enterprises through intuitive, easy-to-use software tools for uncovering relevant information in contracts. The Kira application is built upon our own proprietary, state-of-the-art machine learning technology. Our customers include some of the world's best law firms, professional service firms, and corporations who use Kira to quickly and accurately review and analyze contracts for due diligence, real estate and financial transactions, as well as contract management.
We're hiring a Senior Software Developer to work with our team on the front-end of our stack. The main languages we use are Clojure, ClojureScript, and Go. While experience with those languages are great, we're also looking for candidates who have an interest in learning them.
We make serious software, have fun doing it, and are always looking for talented people to join our team. We strive to constantly learn, question the crowd, push the boundaries of existing technology, and solve difficult problems.
What You Will Be Doing
- Prototype, develop and iterate on features for the web app, working closely with the design team
- Architect, implement, and test features across our stack
- Build and maintain our component library
- Work on front-end tooling to make our workflow more efficient
- Collaborate with our development team to ensure our system is highly performant, stable, and robust to failure
- Help improve your and other's code during code review
What You Bring
- Previous experience or an interest in functional programming like Clojure or Clojurescript
- An understanding of SaaS software development practice and previous experience working on a SaaS product
- Experience using front-end tools like grunt, gulp, etc and creating automated test suites to ensure quality in your code
- Familiarity with various testing methodologies
Why Join Kira Systems?
- Team. Our team is filled with smart, curious, independent, self-motivated, and nice people. Together, we have a happy and fun team culture.
- Personal Development. We work on challenging problems. It's hard, in a good way.
- Technology and Design. Machine learning is driving a new industrial revolution, and it's terrific to work closely with this impactful technology. Moreover, we care about great design and a great customer experience.
- It's early stage. So there are lots to still discover and develop - which makes for a great learning environment where you can build experiences and lots of opportunities for you to dig in.
- We are in the news! We recently received $50M USD Series A investment from Insight Venture Partners and have been named one of the 25 most sought-after startups in Canada in 2018.
- Lots of benefits and perks
Kira Systems believes that at the foundation of our success are the people who work here. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our diversity is a driver of success at our company. Any race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status are welcome here. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
We are open to candidates from different geographies that would be willing to relocate to Canada and would provide support to help with this transition.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our business all successful candidates must clear a background check before beginning employment.