Housekeeping Room Attendant
The Barracks Inn in Ancaster, Ontario is a century stone building featuring 18 luxuriously appointed suites. Our desire is to develop a reputation as the area’s finest boutique Inn, creating a service reputation that sets the standard for the region. This is an exciting time to join The
Barracks Inn team. We have been consistently recognized by our guests as one of TripAdvisor’s ‘Best of the Best,’ and one of the top 25 small hotels in all of Canada.
Each of our deluxe suites offers a subtle blend of unique period décor and modern in-room technologies. The Inn’s timeless, understated elegance, along with warm personal service and first-rate guest amenities, provides the ultimate experience in Ancaster hospitality.
Ancaster Village is one of the oldest communities in Canada and is known for its unique character and charm. Its historic architecture dates to the first half of the 19th century and has been carefully and beautifully upheld. The Barracks Inn holds a prominent place in our community and is walking distance to many of Ancaster’s most charming shops and boutiques.
We currently have openings to work within our Housekeeping and Laundry Department for the role of Housekeeping Room Attendant.
The Housekeeping Room Attendant will be responsible for cleaning guest rooms as assigned and will assist the laundry department to the level of hotel standards. He/she will report any maintenance deficiencies and handle guest requests or complaints in a confidential manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Always maintain positive guest relations
- Anticipate guests’ needs by responding promptly and acknowledging all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Resolve guest complaints in a confidential manner, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to regulations and hotel requirements.
- Clean guest rooms by category priority with great attention to detail; vacuuming, dusting, inspecting condition of all furniture for tears, rips or stains and reporting any damages to the manager.
- Transport cart with cleaning supplies, amenities, and linens to assigned guest room and position securely.
- Replace bathroom amenities in correct amount and location.
- Ensure presence of fire safety, and DND sign. Inspect condition and replace as needed.
- Update status of rooms cleaned on assignment sheet.
- Stock cleaning supply caddies and restock cart at end of shift.
- Ensure security of any assigned guest room keys.
- Turn over any lost and found items from guest rooms to the Manager.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team as well as independently.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and passionate team player with the following:
- High school diploma.
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
- Previous training in housekeeping.
- Strong attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
- Previous experience in hospitality industry, preferably Housekeeping in a hotel environment.
- 1-3 years prior experience in cleaning hotel guest rooms preferred.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting 5 to 50 lbs.
- Ability to endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The Inn is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- housekeeping: 1 year (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-09-01