NETC is looking for an instructor for our Personal Support Worker program. This is a full-time, contract opportunity working with a great team of people in a supportive environment.
To meet rising demand, we are currently seeking contract instructors to teach onsite PSW courses in the Thunder Bay area. Contract instructors should be able to relate the coursework to practical experience to better create a tangible learning experience for our students. These training courses are taught face-to-face in a structured classroom environment.
Contract instructors will be energetic when leading and motivating students, enjoy interacting with adults of various backgrounds and experience levels, have a flexible schedule and have a passion for sharing knowledge.
Contract is 24 weeks in duration and commences on July 9, 2018 and is to be delivered in a remote location in Thunder Bay, ON.
What we offer:
- Accommodations and travel expenses covered 100%
- Meal allowance
- Competitive wages
- Plan, prepare and deliver quality classroom instruction and ensure that it meets college and department standards.
- Plan lessons, assignments and tests where applicable. Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance policies.
- Act as a mentor for students by developing action plans to assist students in achieving their goals.
- Motivate students by demonstrating sensitivity for their concerns and actively involving them in online classroom discussions and/or activities.
- Keep up-to-date with, and effectively use, relevant technology and media in classes.
- Perform other duties/participate in special projects as assigned. Stay informed about changes and innovations in area of expertise.
- Must have a Practical Nursing Diploma.
- Must have a valid Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) license with the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO).
- Minimum two years of related practical work as an RPN.
- Applicants with equivalent combination of education and work experience will be preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including and not limited to presentation, group facilitating skills.
- Ability to motivate, engage and inspire students.
- Teaching experience is preferred but not required.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we offer an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all who may apply. Contact will be made with those invited for an interview.
Reference ID: PSW-CONTRACT
Job Types: Full-time, Contract