Love your job!
Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity?
DAVIDsTEA is a Canadian based company with its headquarters located in Montreal. In ten years, we’ve opened over 200 stores coast to coast, with plenty more to come. The sky is the limit! We’re best known for our super-friendly staff, above-and-beyond customer service, and modern design and of course our huge collection of world-class, exclusive teas and related products. Our company is making tea fashionable and fun, and we pride ourselves on offering the best possible service to our customers and a positive work environment for our employees.
About the role
We are looking for a Supply Chain Specialist to join our Supply Chain team! To support the Senior Manager Distribution and Warehousing with the smooth and efficient day to day operation of our warehousing, logistics and fulfillment functions. Coordinate and monitor supply chain operations. Processes orders and oversees cycle of order fulfilment. Responsible for making sure supplies, stock, materials, packages, and/or products are processed through the delivery and/or warehouse system efficiently and safely.
Sounds like you? Keep reading…
- Ensure that store orders, wholesale orders and E-commerce orders are communicated daily, smoothly and on time to our warehouse partners.
- Resolve any issues that arise with the communication of the orders by coordinating between the various departments involved.
- Ensure the smooth and timely communication of transactions between systems and warehouses to maintain accurate and up to the minute information on inventory and order status.
- Review inventory discrepancies daily with the warehouses and the inventory control team to resolve issues and maintain accurate inventories.
- Communicate and coordinate promotional activities and product launches between the planning and allocation teams and the warehouses.
- Maintain KPI reporting on Warehouse and Supply Chain activities.
- Communicate and update order forecasts and other similar information with the goal of providing visibility for capacity and operational planning at the warehouse level.
- Ensure warehouses are ware of and follow customer shipping requirements for wholesale customers, stores and E-commerce.
- The point of contact for day to day warehouse issues between internal departments and external warehouses.
- Manages 3PL providers and works with warehouse leadership to analyze trends, implement new technologies and drive overall performance to maximize on-time delivery, customer satisfaction, reduce costs, compress lead times, improve efficiencies and implement corrective actions to resolve any issues.
- Provides additional support and coverage for inbound and outbound logistics and freight – ocean, air and truck. Able to deal with customs and brokerage issues on both inbound and outbound freight.
- Provides additional support and coverage for the Shipping Coordinator. A point of contact for our stores and wholesale customers on order status and shipment tracking.
- Monitor inventory valuation and age to meet targets; create and execute plans to ensure targets are met
- Proactively and regularly communicate inventory challenges (i.e. short or long inventory) to procurement, sales and management; participate in the development and execution of action plans to mitigate challenges
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
So are YOU our next Supply Chain Specialist?
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or a related field.
8-10 years of experience in DC/ Logistic operations (3PL, E-commerce or direct to consumer/business to consumer (D2C/B2C) experience preferred.)
Hands-on strong problem-solving skills.
Superior written, communication, problem solving, presentation and influencing skills.
Ability to operate strategically, while understanding the tactical implications of decisions.
You don't wait for someone to tell you what to do, but you work with your team members to ensure everyone is aligned
Experience working in a high growth environment, with constantly shifting priorities; ability to create order out of chaos.
More apt to saying "yes" or "we'll try" (rather than "no" or "that's impossible").
Acts with a sense of urgency-strong time management.
High level of analytical, data interpretation, and problem-solving skills.
Proficiency developing metrics planning (good working knowledge of spreadsheets)
In-depth knowledge of warehousing and inventory management procedures.
Proficient in Word, Excel, MS Project and/or other appropriate software.
Experience in a Supply Chain handling food products is preferred.
Sound good? Then join us in our mission of making the world smile— one cup at a time.