Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Corporate Account Manager for our Toronto, ON office. The Account Manager is accountable for selling and supporting the sale of Teknion’s products to major accounts by contacting established customers and developing new prospects in conjunction with Teknion’s Dealer network. This position applies complete knowledge of all the organization’s products and policies to close sales, and uses specialized training within product lines to maximize sales efforts.
- Selling Teknion’s products to existing major customers by interacting and building business relationships with established clients, as well as contacting existing customers to introduce new products as they are developed and launched.
- Respond to all competitive requests (RFP, RFI, RFQ, etc.) that may require pricing & presentations
- Triage and own escalations to follow-up with internal Teknion functions
- Maintain Teknion client standards and manage changes, communicate these changes to the dealer network
- Soliciting potential prime accounts by sourcing new companies, networking with existing companies, and utilizing such avenues as Internet, cold calling, and trade shows.
- Developing sales strategies to capture prime accounts, and utilizing strategic selling techniques such as blue sheeting, multi-level relationship building, and product presentations to strategically close sales.
- Managing all accounts by ensuring that the selling and product installation process is consistent with the needs of the clients, and that all orders are processed on time and according to specifications. To achieve this, the Corporate Accounts Manager is responsible for working with the Sales Lead, Dealer PM’s to ensure Dealers/Customers are informed of order progress, as well as ensure that all project activities are effectively co-ordinated between the Dealer/Customer and the Dealer Project Manager.
- Working with existing and potential customers on modifications to Teknion’s products to meet customer requirements (special orders/custom requirements).
- Serves as liaison between current and potential customers and the organization to resolve questions regarding products/services.
- Manage third party products for major customers..
- Educating existing customers of Teknion’s products through Lunch and Learns, Video introductions, Brochures, etc. Introduce all new products either at showroom presentations or at customers’ facility.
- Ensuring customers are kept current on new products and changes to existing product lines by introducing and informing customers of new product launches, product finishes, plan ideas, and product changes in a timely manner.
- Maintaining and generating accurate reports (e.g. sales forecasts, special quotations, monthly sales funnel, etc.) such that the Sales department is able to effectively measure sales results, as well as ensuring that accurate client information is maintained in the sales database.
- Continuously developing and maintaining knowledge of Furniture Industry through internal and external learning initiatives.
- Post secondary education with a degree in Sales or Marketing
- Minimum of 5 years of b2b/major account selling experience
- Strong knowledge of sales process and strategic selling techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Well developed negotiation skills
- Well developed organizational and decision making skills
- Strong team building skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position