LEGAL ASSISTANT – Full-Time (Brooks)
Bullock Law is a growing law practice in Brooks and Taber, Alberta, focusing primarily on criminal matters and family litigation while doing some work in the areas of real estate and civil litigation. We are currently looking for a skilled legal assistant at our Brooks office to support us in growing our business into a thriving full-service firm. The successful candidate will have knowledge of basic legal concepts and principles, be detail-oriented, and can work with minimal supervision while producing quality work in an efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Document management including reviewing, analyzing, organizing and summarizing records.
- Preparation of legal documents from written instruction, verbal dictation, taped court proceedings, and precedents.
- Assist in preparation for court, meetings, negotiations, questionings, etc.
- Provide general assistance to the lawyer(s), including but not limited to drafting correspondence on lawyer’s behalf, tracking the status of the lawyer’s files, conducting court searches, etc.
- General clerical and administrative duties.
- Flexibility to do whatever is needed and a desire to learn and grow with the office.
- 3-5 years of experience as a legal assistant preferred
- Paralegal or Legal Assistant Certificate or Diploma an asset
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Extensive experience with Word, Excel, Adobe, Quickbooks, etc.
- Superior organizational and time management skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Salary will be based on education and experience ($38,000 – $60,000 /year plus benefits).
Please feel free to contact Bullock Law at 403-223-3052, with any questions.
We appreciate all applicants but note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- legal assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)