CANA Construction is seeking Journeyman Carpenters for a fixed work term (approximately six months) in the following locations: Castor, Coronation, Consort, Drumheller, Hanna, Elnora, Trochu, Three Hills, Stettler, Drayton Valley, Breton, Wetaskiwin, Ponoka, Rimbey, Lacombe, Rocky Mountain House, Sylvan Lake and Eckville.
All work sites are Alberta Health Services acute care facilities. As you will be working in an occupied environment, a professional appearance and demeanor is required.
Shifts will be comprised of any combination of: 5 x 8 Hours | 4 x 12 Hours | 5x 10 Hours. Overtime, travel and LOA will be paid.
- Competent in general carpentry such as: light demolition, framing, backing, hoarding, installation of doors and frames and hardware
- Capable of using all site hand and power tools, including but not limited to: drills, table saw, radial arm and skill saw
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints
- Must be competent with layout and be able to use a builders level
- Maintain a safe and clean work area, remove all debris to designated bins
- Proficient in the use of AWP, Scissor Lift and other access means such as scaffold
- Other duties as required
- Canadian Journeyman Carpentry Certificate, competent in the Carpentry Trade
- Own your own vehicle
- Ability to work different shifts, days, evenings and weekends
- Taking appropriate action when you see an unsafe act and refusing to do unsafe work
- Set the example and be engaged in our safety program
- Following direction from your supervisor and work effectively with the Project Team – including Sub Trades
- Being reliable and on-time for work
- Working in an occupied acute healthcare environment
- Knowledge of infection Prevention & Control (IPC) procedures would be an added benefit
- Training will be provided
- Be fit for work – Construction is a physical trade and an appropriate level of fitness is required
- Carrying out work to a commercially acceptable time and standard in accordance with the requirements of the project and company policies
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
CANA offers a well-rounded compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with candidates experience and skill set
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical and medical
In addition, CANA offers all its employees:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Commitment to training and providing opportunities for career development
This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards for the position. Incumbents may be required to perform any other related duties as may be required.
Job Type: Temporary
- Carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drayton Valley, AB (Preferred)