Founded in 1984, OEC Group expanded throughout North America and emerged as a global logistics provider. With offices in Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, New York, Los Angeles and in Asia, our highly-skilled professionals arrange the most complex air and ocean shipments, door deliveries, custom clearance, insurance, IT solutions, consulting, warehousing, and distribution services. Using best-in-class carriers, we can accommodate any client request, from a local delivery to major logistical projects throughout the world.
At OEC Group, we’ve built our reputation on the highest levels of quality and service. Our passion and dedication to serving clients and partners are the two main ingredients in our continued growth and success. Driven by our forward-thinking corporate culture, we continually raise the bar to greater performance heights, delivering high-quality service that wins customer loyalty.
OEC Group is actively seeking to fill the Ocean Import Managerrole to join the Management team. This is a tremendous opportunity to manage the ocean import department while the company is expanding.
Working under the direction of the Director, Operations – Montreal, the Ocean Import Manager will be responsible for Ocean Freight operations and Ocean Carrier relations, supporting OEC’s tremendous growth.
- Organize, plan, control and oversee Ocean Freight Import operations and activities
- Hire, train, coach and oversee employees
- Ensure timeliness, quality, conformity and control over departmental production flow of shipment files handling and closing, including billing, overseas affiliates’ remittance and P/L’s, vendors’ invoices approving and month-end closing processes
- Improve internal efficiency of systems and processes, customer care, profitability and productivity
- Resolve internal operational problems in a diligent and efficient manner in order to prevent service deficiencies and/or customers’ dissatisfaction
- Perform regular calls and visits to existing clients to maintain and develop harmonious business relationships and inquire on clients’ satisfaction in regards to Ocean Import products/services and new clients in order to develop new business
- Support Company in RFQ’s preparation and sales presentation to major accounts
- Support sales team efforts in sales solicitation and development of major accounts
- Play a leading role in ocean carrier contracts’ negotiations
- Strategically manage Company’s space allocation with carriers
- Perform bullet/commodity rates negotiations, upon request, for major accounts
- Perform regular networking activities (visits, calls and entertainment activities) with ocean, rail and trucking carriers' key representatives, in order to develop and maintain strong carriers' relationships with existing and new carriers
- Perform regular business intelligence activities in the market and keep the Company informed on market conditions, trends and competitor’s activities in ocean markets
- Expand ocean carrier selection to provide more business opportunities for the Company in compliance with Senior Management objectives and authorized strategies
Skills & Attributes:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- 7+ years of experience in Ocean Import operations
- University degree, preferred
- Strong organization, planning, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Track record in employee development
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
Please send a resume and cover letter.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Employee Management: 3 years (Required)
- Ocean/Rail/Trucking Carrier Relations: 3 years (Required)
- Ocean Import Operations: 7 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)