Answer and Dispatch technicians (internal and third party) for customers’ on-site and over the road repairs, in a timely and friendly manner.
- Every other weekend, Saturday and Sunday (12 hour shifts) = 48 hours a month
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive customers’ service requests via telephone or e-mail
- Dispatch technician(s) or third party service provider(s)
- Dispatch service calls (This can be either on-site at a customer’s yard, or over the road)
- Follow up with service provider(s)
- Assist customers with their service inquiries (i.e. maintenance history, requests for safety certificates etc.)
- Shunt requests
- Ensure “Service Board” is accurately, including, but not limited to:
- Initializing Service Calls
- Arrival times
- Completion times
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY SPECIFICALLY RELATED TO QUALITY
- This position is responsible for ensuring that all quality forms documents are properly maintained and kept current at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Diploma/Certificate from two-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents / invoices, policies, instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or fellow employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Fast pace environment with frequent interruptions. The noise level is low to moderate.
Job Type: Part-time
- service call: 2 years (Preferred)