Responsible to the Office Manager for daily processing of company business transactions in accordance with company policy to ensure effective, efficient, and accurate financial and administrative operations. This position may be assigned one or more clerical tasks as needed including but not limited to:
- Daily Deposits - Accounts Payable
- Customer Master Maintenance - Reconciliations
- Branch Item Maintenance - Fixed Asset Reports
- Route Accounting - Data Entry
- Filing - Payroll
- Reception - Assist walk in customers
- Primary reception.
- Excellent communication skills whether in person, by email or phone.
- Required to participate in cross training in other office function to better assist customers.
- Assist all walk in customers in a polite and courteous manner.
- Accurate and timely computer data entry.
- Strong attention to detail
- Perform maintenance for all routes and account changes: stop changes, replacement items, increase and decrease items, quit items/accounts, process weekly sales standing orders.
- Process new item requests, price changes, new contracts, and contract renewals in the Abel System.
- Monitor all paperwork for proper approval
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for reporting, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word.
- Perform the Processing Schedule for daily paperwork.
- Printing and organizing daily paperwork for routes, customer billing, and production requirements.
- Filing, record keeping, distribution of paperwork among department heads both hard and electronic copies.
- Prepare daily deposits and reconcile to control mechanisms.
- Receive/verify invoices for goods and services, process receiving reports and vendor invoices according to payment terms and company policy.
- Follow up on billing statements to ensure invoices are resolved within payment terms, discounts are taken, and invoice batches are sent timely. Reconcile invoices to billing statements.
- Provide regular communication to management regarding status of invoice payments/receiving reports.
- Communication with vendors via phone, email or in person to make payment arrangements on delinquent accounts.
- Complete credit applications and forward to management for approval.
- Investigate and resolve vendor inquiries in a timely manner.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and have a high level of accuracy
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate good computer experience
- Demonstrate a good understanding of general business operating procedures.
- Experience with data entry and adding machine required
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word
- Must be able to read, write and speak English with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow direction is necessary
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Post-Secondary Education required.
- Typing qualifications with 100% accuracy:
Typical Physical Activity: sitting and standing in the company office. Walking, sitting, talking, hearing, speaking, pulling, pushing, occasional lifting of boxes up to 25 lbs., filing, stooping, stoop, reaching, fine dexterity.
Typical Environmental Conditions: This is an industrial laundry facility. Employee may be exposed to variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and dust if in the plant, but will only be working in typical indoor offices.
Wages – As per the Collective Agreement.
Job Type: Full-time
- General Office functions: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)