Who We Are::
Nestled in the southwestern corner of Alberta, in the rugged and legendary Canadian Rockies, Castle is as authentic as it gets. Hard-working, hospitable, and here for the powder is what we’re all about. With less than 200 employees we’re a small, passionate team of winter enthusiasts. Here, we’re all family and you will quickly find you are right at home. If this sounds like you, then we want you to join us.
Our resort is not owned or operated by a large ski conglomerate; rather by a bunch of local skiers and riders who are passionate about steep terrain and great snow. Operational decisions are made here (head office = the basement of the day lodge) and our long-term direction is plotted by a group of passionate, volunteer directors who represent more than 200, predominately local shareholders.
More Info including staff perks can be found at: https://www.skicastle.ca/employment/
Castle Mountain Resort (CMR) is currently looking for applicants to fill Dispatch/First Aid Attendant positions for the 2022/23 Winter season. CMR is a small, community resort with a big mountain feel. We
are a hard-working team in an extraordinary environment. CMR's Mountain Safety provides an
unmatched opportunity to train and prepare for future careers in the avalanche industry. Come be part
of our small team!
Benefits of working at Castle Mountain Resort include:
Duties for Dispatcher/First-Aid Attendants include, but are not limited to:
- Hands-on first aid experience
- Paid training in mid-November
- Flexible scheduling for courses
- Opportunity to train into a ski patrol position
- Season’s pass with access to reciprocals and Friends & Family passes
- Family passes available in second year of return
- Several employee discounts around the resort
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials, and should have the following characteristics:
- Facilitating operational communications between all outdoor operation departments
- Recording operational information
- Providing walk-in first-aid
- Acting as first-aid support for on-hill accidents upon arrival to the infirmary
- Maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the Infirmary
- Other duties, as required
Castle Mountain’s Mountain Safety Department provides:
- An advanced level first aid ticket (70+ hours; Industry, Pre-hospital, or Wilderness), or higher.
- Strong team member able to take direction
- Trustworthy and capable of working unsupervised
- Professional, with a high value on customer service
- Pre-hospital or hospital care experience is an asset, but not required
- Communications degree is an asset, but not required
- Helly Hansen uniform piece
Starting pay for an entry level Dispatcher/First-Aid Attendant is $16.25/hour and is commensurate with
experience and certification.
Period of Employment:
Start date is mid November 2022 with an end date in early April 2023. Please note this is a full-time,
seasonal position. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview in mid August.
Where we are::
Castle Mountain Resort is located at the end of Highway 774, near Pincher Creek, AB. This is a remote work location with no mobile coverage or public transit. There is a communal living Staff Accommodation building on-site for new and returning staff. More information on our location and our resort can be found at skicastle.ca