Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Electronic Media and Communications Officer, the Digital Content and Communications Coordinator develops content for use in Recruitment communications channels and at Recruitment events; writes, edits and contributes to the planning of Recruitment messaging; monitors and creates content for online platforms and websites, including responding to social media, contributing to the development of content schedules, collaborating to achieve consistent messaging in communications and design, compiling analytics reports, and staying up-to-date with digital trends to make recommendations on communications strategies; and participates in Recruitment events to liaise with prospective students and families.
Qualifications:The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
Education and Experience:The above is normally acquired through the completion of:
- Excellent writing skills are required to prepare and edit website information, broadcast emails, multimedia presentations and social media postings
- Broad knowledge of various computer software such as CRM systems, PowerPoint and other presentation software, WordPress, Dreamweaver, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Excel and Access
- Ability to learn and keep up-to-date with new computer software and technology to produce websites and social media sites, broadcast emails, merge databases, prepare multimedia presentations, and update information and databases on the website
- High degree of knowledge and comfort with social media and other emerging platforms for engaging with prospective students
- High degree of attention to detail
- Strong photography and video skills
- Excellent communication skills as well as a strong knowledge of Carleton University, the Ottawa region and the Canadian education system. The incumbent must have the ability to project a positive image when speaking to target audiences. Able to professionally and tactfully interact with prospective students and their families and guidance counsellors in a respectable manner
- Broad knowledge of University academic programs, structure, and admissions.
- Capable of effectively organizing and handling a heavy workload and working independently using good judgment
- Resourceful with the ability to take initiative
- Ability to perform as an effective team member
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends at recruitment events. Travel and time commitments will usually be for a few days.
- Owns a valid driver’s license
- English language fluency is required. French language although not mandatory is a strong asset
- Completion of a three (3) year university degree or diploma in public relations, communications, marketing, multimedia design or social media (or equivalent)
- Four (4) years of experience in recruitment, marketing, public relations, communications or journalism, preferably in a post-secondary environment, with experience in creative and promotional writing, including 2 years of experience in photo and video editing
- Experience in developing content for and monitoring social media sites is important, as is experience in preparing multimedia presentations