Pclass # F9818
Area Practical Nursing
This position is responsible for teaching students in an assigned field of study using a diverse set of instruction methods and tools. The position develops curriculum, prepares teaching materials, provides assessments of students’ progress. It ensures the proper stewardship of college facilities, equipment and other inventories. The position is also responsible for upholding the College’s policies and procedures and for participating in meetings and events and on committees.
1. Teaches students using a diverse and systematic plan of lectures,presentations, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, shop sessions, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects.
2. Develops curr iculum and prepares teaching materials and outlines for courses including audio visual and web-related materials where appropriate.
3. Prepares, a dministers and marks papers, tests, exams and other assessments to monitor and evaluate students’ progress. Provides detailed feedback on student performance.
4. Assists and provides support to students and potential students by advising on program curricula and career decisions.
5. Provides individualized or group tutorial or remedi al instruction to students who require it.
6. Maintains effective ste wardship of classroom facilities, equipment, materials, software and tools.
7. Arranges for and supervises independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work or hands-on training.
8. Adheres to VCC policies and procedures including being available to students and maintaining confidentiality of student information.
9. Participates in departmental and college meetings and events. Consults with other College departments and may serve on committees concerning matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and certificate or diploma requirements.
10. Performs other related duties as required.
Area Hiring Criteria
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) or Bachelor of
Nursing (BN) degree or Registered Nurse (RN) Diploma with a relevant degree or
Bachelor of Science in Psychiatric Nursing (BSPN) or Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing
with relevant degree
- Current British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) registration
- Minimum three years recent experience in nursing practice in one of the following
o Acute care Medical/ surgical nursing
o Mental health nursing
o Maternity/child nursing
- BC Provincial Instructor’s Diploma or equivalent, completed prior to becoming a
regularized faculty member as per the British Columbia College of Nursing
Professionals (BCCNP) Program Recognition requirements
- Experience in teaching and/or mentoring adult learners in clinical settings
- Courses in geriatric nursing and/or gerontology would be an asset
- Knowledge of the role of the Licensed Practical Nurse in health care
- Effective communications skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member
Salary Range - Prorated based on FTE In accordance with the VCCFA Collective Agreement
Posting Detail Information
Employment Group Faculty
Type of Position Term
Employment Type Part Time
Department PRACTICAL NURSING
Primary Location - This position may require you to work at all VCC locations. Broadway
Is this posting only for internal applicants? No
Desired Start Date - May be subject to change 01/10/2020
Position End Date - If temporary
Additional Notes for Applicants
Posting Open Date 01/10/2020
Posting Close Date 01/23/2020
Is this a pooled posting? Yes