The Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Supervise and direct the operations of the Liquor Store; including its business, inventory, sales and services.
- Oversight of all staff, including the employment, termination of employment, supervision, direction, training and assignment of duties and schedules of all employees of the Liquor Store.
- Ensure that all employees are in compliance with BC Labour Standards legislation.
- Coordinate the product orders on a regular basis, maintain a good relationship with all producers and suppliers of liquor inventory.
- Ensure all safety policies are up to date and consistent with current legislation.
- Work with Wewaikai accounting personnel (including accounting firm) to ensure monthly reporting of sales and margins are maintained, including approval and coding of all accounts payable.
- Experience with inventory counts on periodic and year-end counts.
- Ensure that the computerized in-house perpetual inventory system is maintained.
- Provide oversight to any and all contract service agreements required for the QLS operations.
- Prepare and present annual operating budgets to the board for review and approval.
- Ensure that the facility is well maintained at all times.
- Minimum three years experience in management position, work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Significant experience in retail business and human resources, strong leadership, interpersonal, management skills.
- Experience with budgeting/accounting and finance.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $42,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Retail Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- inventory: 1 year (Preferred)
- sales: 1 year (Required)
- leadership: 3 years (Preferred)
- budgetting and accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)