Our client is seeking a Service Field Technician for their office located in Ottawa to start ASAP for a contract position.
Service Field Technician
Day Shift (Some overtime is required)
Qualifications:Education and Experience Required:
- Performs full range of maintenance on small desktop/convenience copiers, printers and MFD`s including technical diagnostics, software loads, print driver installs, network installations, removal, retrofit and customer call assistance.
- Corrects service problems within the assigned products with some assistance, as required.
- Basic Windows and Network Connectivity knowledge
- Can complete basic installs: must be able to connect individual devices to the customer’s network and install drivers onto PCs.
- Participates in team meetings, escalates calls for moderately complex to complex issues.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Minimum: High School Diploma / GED (classes and experience with computers, electronics, mechanics, etc. is desired)
- Preferred: College Diploma / Associate Degree (technical field) or equivalent certification with less than 1 year working experience.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Customer Service Engineer in an on-site break-fix role.
- Possess a valid (full) driver’s license
- Must have a solid understanding of electro mechanical systems and be able to troubleshoot to the component level using diagnostic processes and test equipment.
To apply for this position please send an e-mail to email@example.com with an updated copy of your resume attached.