The Equipment Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of Heavy Equipment as they pertain to the Company’s Project’s. The Equipment Manager will work with the project teams, suppliers, and clients in obtaining the best value and coordination of equipment to the sites.
The Equipment Manager will be accountable and responsible for:
· Managing the purchasing, delivery, and maintenance of equipment for CCM projects, making sure that they are properly scheduled with all ordering and receiving parties. Equipment may include but not limited to cranes, pumps, Bobcats, and scissor lifts.
· The Equipment Manager will collaborate with the General Superintendent and Suppliers to make sure that deliveries are scheduled on time and are destined for the appropriate location, as set out with the CCM Construction planning.
· Manage equipment inventory to ensure the appropriate equipment is available for CCM Projects. Maintain control and logistics of all equipment locations and movements.
· Manage and coordinate routine maintenance and/or mechanical issues of equipment. Ensure equipment is in good order and meets all health and safety requirements.
· The Equipment Manager will be responsible to liaison with the local equipment rental agencies and suppliers, to maintain a competitive purchasing edge for the CCM team.
· Track and maintain equipment bookings and delivery schedules for the “in and out” of on-site equipment. Including, coordinating equipment bookings and delivery schedules to the various Superintendents on site.
· Request and administer quotes for equipment rental items/purchases with the Project managers and Superintendents. Create purchase requisitions and obtain approval prior to placing supply orders for new equipment.
· Identify, recommend, and assist with cost saving methods to the Project Team.
· Manage and maintain records of equipment including all appropriate maintenance schedules.
· Equipment Manager with 3-5 years of experience
· Must be flexible and available to respond to suppliers who are working in different time zones.
· Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills of landing and international shipments.
· Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
· Computer literacy
· Attention to detail in all areas of work.
· Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
· Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
· Working experience in Shipping and Receiving role preferred.
· Equipment Inventory control experience an asset Management of Concrete forming materials is an asset
· Management of steel materials is an asset
· Fleet management is an asset
· Equipment yard experience is an asset
Job Type: Full-time