- Has exceptional knowledge of all aspects of the banquet and conference centre and the facilities and services of the resort.
- Makes recommendations including but not limited to budget creation, marketing strategies, price lists, rate structures, equipment, supplies and services etc.
- Manage the financial budget and update the business and marketing plan as required to achieve revenue and objective goals of the company.
- Actively recruits, interviews, hires, trains and evaluates Food & Beverage Team Members as required.
- Provides department specific Orientation training to new Departmental Team Members.
- Creates and adjusts Banquet Team Member schedules to meet customer demands.
- Has knowledge of Ontario’s Employment Standards Act and ensures compliance including but not limited to rest and eating periods by ensuring employees receive breaks and are rotated accordingly.
- Performs personnel procedures including but not limited to resolving employee conflicts, corrective counseling and disciplinary action in a timely, competitive and fair manner
- Continually interacts with Departmental Team Members to motivate and encourage them in the daily performance of their duties.
- Organizes and co-ordinates the set up of and service for weddings, conferences, conventions, seminars, meetings, large group gatherings, and other special events; as per the Banquet Event Orders executed by the Sales & Conference Department.
- Reconciles end of day/week financial reports and cash deposits and informs staff of any errors.
- Monitors and effectively controls facility operations.
- Conducts and executes daily, weekly and monthly facility inspections to ensure that facility and equipment are always clean and in good repair (safety, sanitation, food preparation etc.).
- Conducts staff meetings and continually keeps all staff informed of daily activities and changes.
- Meets with clients for weddings and conferences and prepares and participates in ‘meet-n-greets’ with tour guides, conveners and groups upon arrival and throughout their stay.
- Assists in maintaining all inventory, ordering and product/labour costs.
- Ensure all safety regulations are implemented and followed.
- Mediate guest’s disputes and complaints for immediate solution in a constructive and professional manner.
- Ensures the highest level of customer service for all customers and guests.
- Professionally represents the resort and the food and beverage department at all times.
- Works closely with sales and marketing to maximize business. Uses effective yield-management, and creates fresh marketing ideas, packages and promotions.
- Attends and participates in all applicable meetings to discuss upcoming events and forecast operational needs.
- When required; will cover days off and vacation time for fellow Food & Beverage Managers as directed by the Director of Food & Beverage and/or Owner | Management.
- Professional Qualifications:
- Completion of Post Secondary Education in Hotel & Restaurant Management or related field preferred
- 1-3 years supervisor/managerial experience
- Smart Serve Certification
- Safe Food Handling
- First Aid & CPR
- Previous experience with OPERA is an asset
- Previous experience in banquets operation is an asset*
- Personal Qualities:
- Must have excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and team-building skills
- Must be self-motivated and have excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of food, wine and related beverages
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to carry up to 15 pounds
- Work safely in a fast-paced environment
- Honest and trustworthy
Job Type: Full-time
- Banquet Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Niagara Falls, ON (Preferred)