As a member of the Quality Team the Quality Technician is responsible for all aspects of product testing and monitoring of production environment quality to ensure that products meet food and quality specifications. Duties are performed through the use of equipment, auditing techniques, inspection, and testing method. In addition responsible for HACCP and PQMS program support, CCP verification, and documentation management.
Critical Success Factors:
- Perform analytical and microbiological, chemistry, and sensorial testing and analysis of in-process and finished product samples according to approved standard operating procedures. Record and evaluate test data and notify the Quality Supervisor of any deviations from the prescribed product specifications. Conduct root cause analysis and determine the necessary corrective action.
- Perform packaging checks at start up to make sure all information are correct and communicate any deviation or issues to Production Supervisor/Manager where applicable.
- Conduct screening and monitoring tests on raw milk upon receipt where applicable.
- Perform internal audits on various plant programs and support PQMS and HACCP documentation management. Participate with Quality Manager in implementing new standard requirements.
- Administer the plant’s Environmental Monitoring and Water Quality programs (sampling, testing, recording and evaluating data) in compliance with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and/or Ministry of the Environment operational requirements.
- Organize and conduct shelf-life evaluation of specified products.
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibration of laboratory and plant analytical equipment.
- Organize, test and communicate test results for various product trials that require chemical or microbiological testing
- Monitor the release of finished product and ensure nonconforming product is not released in accordance with PQMS program and procedures.
- Perform administrative duties such as maintain records, forms and logs including computer databases, and performing regular inventory checks and providing the Quality supervisor/Manager with a list of required supplies.
- Participant in Health & Safety Program where applicable
Key Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- College diploma or university degree in Food Science.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in a dairy food lab.
- Knowledge of analytical and microbiological testing with respect to dairy food products and ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient with standard office computer technology such as Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), as well as business systems such as SAP.
- Knowledge of HACCP, PQMS and GMP policies and procedures.
- This position is on the afternoon shift and may require some weekend shifts. Shift may change due to business needs
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00 /hour
- Dairy Food Lab: 2 years (Required)
- Etobicoke, Toronto (Preferred)