Greater Vancouver Community Services Society is currently looking for an experienced Licensed Practical Nurse to fulfill a casual LPN Supervisor role providing training and supervision to Community Health Workers in our Home Support Program. Coordinating with team supervisors to complete visits for clients and workers out in the field. Time is largely self-managed and flexibility is required.
Who are we?
Greater Vancouver Community Services Society (GVCSS) is a non-profit society delivering care and services in the community to support the independence and well-being of the elderly, people with disabilities, and others who require support to retain or regain health and autonomy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement individual plans governing the provision of personal care and nursing tasks to clients by Community Health Workers
- Pay visits to clients to ensure that the procedures and care plans are followed
- Observe, review, and evaluate the skills and performance of Community Health Workers in providing personal care and nursing tasks to clients
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary community care team on matters pertaining to complex care
- Maintain close communication and liaison with individuals involved in the provision of care
- Deliver direct nursing care within the full scope of LPN practice, as required.
- Other related duties as required
- Applicants should be able to work independently and also promote a strong team approach.
- Ability to teach and delegate nursing tasks is also required.
- Home Support experience is desirable.
- A valid driver's license and own vehicle is a must.
What do we offer?
- Greater Vancouver Community Services Society is one of BC's oldest and largest accredited community care service providers
- GVCSS cares for 4,000 people each year
- A unionized work environment and compensation
- Continuous hands on training and skills upgrading
- Up-to-date mobile communication technology
We thank you in advance for your application but only qualified individuals will be contacted.
Visit our website for more information: www.gvcss.bc.ca
Job Type: Casual