Medical cannabis markets are rapidly expanding in Canada and around the world. Recreational cannabis is on the horizon. Now is your chance to join the largest, most recognized cannabis producer in the country as we set off to build something amazing, relying on established but ever-evolving brands.
Canopy Growth Corporation ("Canopy Growth") is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC) and part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries, including its flagship Tweed and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand, are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis. With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success and take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration and diversity. Our employees stem from a wide range of professional backgrounds; each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth.
Tweed is looking for an experienced, highly motivated, self-starter who can take the Junior Organic Chemist role to a new level. If you have sound judgment, great time management skills mixed with the ability to work as part of an ever-growing team we want to hear from you!
- Development and optimization of technologies to extract and/or isolate cannabinoids from plant material.
- Development of procedures to chemically alter cannabinoids extracted from plant material.
- Development and optimization of protocols to clean-up reaction products and plant extracts using recrystallization, distillation and chromatographic techniques.
- Work independently to synthesize published and unpublished compounds.
- Collaborate with analytical technicians to monitor the progress of reactions using common analytical equipment including: HPLC/GC-MS, HPLC-DAD, GC-FID
- Keep records of all work performed and write reports for intellectual property protection and development.
- Write SOPs and protocols for newly developed chemical processes.
- Assist with the scale-up of benchtop chemical and extraction processes to the industrial scale.
Experience and Background
- M.Sc. in organic chemistry with at least 1 year of relevant work experience or B.Sc. in chemistry with at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Extensive experience with chemical purification techniques including aqueous workups, recrystallization, trituration, distillation, and flash chromatography
- Advanced knowledge of organic reactions and the ability to develop novel syntheses.
- Comprehensive experience working with common analytical equipment such as HPLC/GC-MS and HPLC-DAD
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with the following software: LIMS, Microsoft Office, Windows, ChemStation and Google Docs.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with public speaking experience considered to be an asset.
- Detail-oriented and strong time management skills.
- Experience in a GLP or ISO setting is an asset.
This is a full-time position based out of Smiths Falls.
The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. All resumes will be maintained in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.