- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related program.
- Demonstrated leadership ability as either a lead software developer or software development manager
- Strong Customer Focus
- Deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping great software on time
- Solid understanding of Java, Python, OOD and REST
Amazon is big and very data driven. Interested in building the next generation analytics platform to make this easy at an Amazon scale?
Amazon's BDT organization is building a new data lake marketplace allowing for data producers and consumers to easily and securely share large volumes of data, run massively parallel analytics and share the gained insights.
As part of the BDT organization, we are developing the core services of the data lake that includes cataloging, storage, access, compliance and quality and we’re looking for top engineers to build it from the ground up.
This is a hands-on position where you will be do everything from designing and building highly scalable components and cutting-edge features to formulating strategy for EMR and Redshift at Amazon, mentor other engineers and work with our business partners, data engineers and analysts to help them get the best results. You need to not only be a top software developer with excellent programming skills with a stellar record of delivery but also show bias for customer obsession. You need to have a real passion for very large scale databases and massively parallel computing. You will work with the latest AWS technologies in the big data space such as S3, EMR, Glue, Redshift and Athena to build new applications that leverage these technologies and open source frameworks like Apache Spark, Hive, Presto and Flink.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of the constantly evolving and growing big data field
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Delivering systems and features with high quality, on time
- Stay current on technical knowledge to keep pace with rapidly changing technology, and work with the team in bringing new technologies on board
- Experience taking a lead role in architecting, designing, and building complex software systems.
- Experience with the AWS product suite including S3, Redshift, DynamoDB or RDS
- Experience with full-stack development
- Experience building complex software systems.