Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
Toon Boom Animation is a leader in animation software solutions, is currently seeking an exceptional System Administrator.
You will report directly to the Director of Web & IT and play a key role in a small team of awesome talents working with the latest tech stack. If you are a natural born leader that shows initiative when problems arise and take ownership in finding the best solution, if you are smart, curious and looking to make your mark with an industry leader, we really want to hear from you!
About the position
You will use you many skills to help a small team delivering IT projects with different technology stacks. You will manage the Linux infrastructure of our company and be responsible for the administration and integration of our key enterprise applications such as Salesforce.com. You will also help maintain a cloud infrastructure on AWS to serve scalable and highly available web applications.
With the team, you will also be responsible to help end users of the company by solving technical problems or help on technical projects.
What you’ll do
- Administer IT environments both on promise and in the cloud (AWS);
- Administer key enterprise applications such as Salesforce.com;
- Automate software and system deployments;
- Work closely with the web developers to help with hosting web applications and devops;
- Ensure timely and successful completion of all data backups;
- Maintain complete documentation and procedures of the systems;
- Set up, move and install workstations to meet company’s requirements;
- Help solving internal helpdesk tickets with the team;
- Find ways to improve our server IT procedures and policies that scale with our
- College Diploma in Information Technology or similar;
- 5+ years’ experience in systems administration in a fast-paced environment;
- Master of Linux and "open source" environment
- Experienced with IT environments in the cloud (AWS)
- Experienced with virtualization technologies
- Experienced with web hosting technologies (Apache, Nginx, MySQL, etc)
- Experience troubleshooting problems on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux devices
- Knowledge of programming Python, Bash, Ruby, etc.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com or other similar CRM system
- Knowledgeable of CI/CD concepts and tools
- Knowledgeable of network equipment and concepts
- Knowledgeable of network security concepts (Firewall, IPS, etc)
- Knowledgeable of Ansible or similar tools is an asset
What you are good at
- Taking initiatives and learning quickly;
- Analyzing and solving problems;
- Documenting your work;
- Positively contributing in a motivated team;
- Always happy to help your clients/end users
- Being thorough and responsible for your actions;
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.